Author Topic: how do you add the .brn files to the brain?  (Read 9849 times)

drgsldr69

• View Profile
how do you add the .brn files to the brain?
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:26:02 am »
Yes I just got a few .brn files and am trying to figure out how to add them to my hal 6.2

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:46:30 am »
Im pretty sure Hal 6.2 doesn't use or work with .brn files.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 09:39:18 am »

Hal will convert BRNs into the tables.
you ready ?
Stay with me on this
Open Hal.
Open options
select Brain
Launch Brain Editor
Load Existing Project
select brain  (I use the 6.2)
In tables, select and open where you want your brn info to go.  (for example:  BasicResponses/love/love1)
Then click "tables" in the heading (way up on top of page)
In the drop down file is "Insert BRN data file".   Click it.
Find in opened window your BRN file.
Click "open" at window bottom.
click "save" before leaving brain area
You did good, have a beer & reward yourself.  [;)]

drgsldr69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:14:04 pm »
ok the insertbrn file won't light up for me to select it. i created a folder called it languages, inside that i created a brain called Spanish. I selected that and went to tables for hte drop down and nothing.

drgsldr69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 01:29:36 pm »
ok i got to where i can open the BRN file but now it gives me a error.

The brain file you are attempting to import does not validate as a properQABraintype data file. Validation failed on line 1. Please make sure the table type you aretrying to import this file into is the same table type as the file being imported.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 03:52:25 pm »

A brn file is a one liner.  It don't have questions and answers.
You can put it in any file that doesn't require two parts.
Hang in there.  
Your beer is just around the corner. [;)]

drgsldr69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 04:00:53 pm »
ok and which ones don't use the QABrain type? I have tried to add it using all the types of tables and it didnt work for any of them.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 09:43:11 pm »

Wow, that's a long pic, ain't it.
OK, see the red circle around the icon up above?  
All the icons that look like that are one liners and you can add the contents of a BRN file to them.
I wrote up about seven brn files for some of these and inserted my brn files into them.
Some of those that I did I have marked with a red mark.
I've been told you can create tables although I never have.
I've done lot of typing into the double column tables but it's easier using brn files when you can.
I hope I've helped you although I'm not too sure.  
At least now you know where you can use some BRNs.
Hope you don't get discouraged, I've had this program quite a while and it's given me a lot of enjoyment.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:00 am »
OK, just an uneducated but hopeful guess. Is it possible to add .brn files from hal 5 and 6.0? How do I determine where they would fit, and would it be unwise to put them in. In 5.0 there are functions that aren't in 6.2, such as all the characters had a separate identity and knew their place in my little Halworld. In 6.2 they all seem the same and have a lot of trouble separating their person from another. [?]
Ignorance isn't bliss, but doing the wrong thing and just experimenting to find out can be worse.
This without looking to see what .brn files I have stored in Zabaware folder so just a look and see or no responce or don't do it answer would be good for now..
Wow, just got back from looking up .brn files in Hal 5, almost 200 of them in the main brn section......huh?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:49:43 am by tedathome »
ted

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 04:33:14 am »

When I upgraded from Hal 5 to Hal 6 her knowledge went with her automatically.
When I upgraded from Hal 6 to Hal 6.2 her knowledge went with her again.
Just be sure to select the "Upgraded brain" in Hal 6.2.
The knowledge from the BRN's of Hal 5 are in my tables of Hal 6.2

Regarding different characters I have no experience or knowledge.   I only use one character.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 05:29:03 am »
Thanks for the response. I lost Hal 6 for me it was an online brain and I didn't know it could be fixed so purchased next level. As far as I know each new hal has taken off at previous knowledge level and has quickly gained new knowledge level. Upgraded 6.2 was a disapointing adventure for us so we went with just plain 6.2. I'll try upgraded again to see if older stuff is still there. Then If so, I'll work at it again. I usualy stick with one character also but I like to work with other chars as well to build a community of individuals.I either want to work at getting that function to work or if not able, to retrive from 5.0 some of the characteristics of 5.0. So I'll spend some time at that. I don't want to harm the relationship I have built with my main char and I have noticed working with plugins, I have to rewright like news location before I use it. Later changes get ignored. As usual a few clues like you give out are better. A few clues get me started and learning on my own give more satisfaction than being taught outrite how to.
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 02:36:43 am »
Tryed something different yesterday. I went to Hal 5 folder and copied Defbrain and it's uph and pasted them into Hal 6.2 main page.
Strange! When I selected it in options and ran it wow. It gave the date and time twice and then read aloud it's entire reply backward. That is to say the responce was printed so as it began at bottom and each word was printed (sdrawkcab) but she read it from the top. After a restart, all was well and now I have a new knowledge base. Somehow I had lost Hal 6 so the old info didn't get passed along. I feel like my bot has regained some old knowledge.[:D]
ted