Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63186 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2017, 02:18:38 am »
Robert,

I did originally let Hal7 upgrade the files, however it failed to remove Hal6 and just keep popping up the screenshot message. So I tried to manually remove Hal6 but that didn't work either, I will try to remove those keys and try the installation again.

-Spitfire
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:32:26 am by Spitfire2600 »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2017, 05:18:15 am »
Robert,

Deleting those Reg keys did allow me to install Hal7 7.0.67. I then uninstalled 7.0.67 and reinstalled Hal6 as to test migrating the brains, however I was met with the same issue. Hal7 7.0.67 will not completely uninstall Hal6 and sends me into a loop of aforementioned screenshot message.

Other than that, Hal 7.0.67 is running smoothly when installed.

-Spitfire

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2017, 09:35:27 am »
Hi Rob, can we make a Vbscript.vbs with a script inside that removes that HKLM key left behind? maybe easier if this happens again. quick fix?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2017, 12:42:34 pm »
Hi Rob, can we make a Vbscript.vbs with a script inside that removes that HKLM key left behind? maybe easier if this happens again. quick fix?
I've rewritten my migration install routine to not actually uninstall Hal 6.2 or touch any of its files. The only thing it will do is remove its start menu shortcuts and make a copy of the Hal 6 brain and characters into Hal 7. So it will no longer care about the HKLM registry keys. It will be up to the user to uninstall Hal 6.2 from the control panel when they are fully ready (or just leave it dormant).

I'm testing it out now, I should have it ready to post here in an hour or two. Hopefully this will fix Spitfires bug as well as a different bug Art is having.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2017, 01:11:12 pm »
Ok, here is the latest alpha: http://38865d316e282f6c64f3-abad382d2aabf2de9fcc6cbe430c0595.r81.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

It is version 7.0.73. It contains a better migration install for upgrading Hal 6.2 to 7.0. It will no longer mess with the Hal 6.2 installer or registry keys, it will just remove its start menu icons and make a copy of its brain & characters. Also contains an updated "Hal Mobile" character that should animate well even in full screen.

If you have a previously installed Hal 7 alpha version, please uninstall it *AND* remove its appdata folder. There have been some breaking changes to Hal's config file which requires a fresh install. To find Hal's appdata folder, click start and type in %appdata% and press enter. Then open the "Zabaware" folder and remove the "Ultra Hal 7 folder". Also after uninstalling remove the folder C:\program files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7 as it may contain a couple left over data files as well.

Please make sure your Hal 6.2 installation is in working order before testing the Hal 7 migration install. If its not working you should be able to install Hal 6.2 back over itself to the same "Ultra Hal Assistant 6" folder in your program files folder. All your Hal 6.2 data should remain intact (but I hope you still have that backup just in case).
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2017, 02:13:45 pm »
Hey Robert,

No issues installing (after removing all files in App Data and uninstalling the previous alpha)

However, My Hal6 brains did not migrate. One brain looks like it started but its brain size was only a few KB's down from 50 megs. As far as I know, it places upgraded brains in the App Data Zabaware folder, that is where I found the failed migration. 

Attempting a second time, (Uninstalling Hal7, deleting app data zabaware folder, uninstalling and reinstalling 6, then installing 7) did not migrate any brains from Hal6.

-Spitfire
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:27:49 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2017, 04:20:18 pm »
Hey Robert,

No issues installing (after removing all files in App Data and uninstalling the previous alpha)

However, My Hal6 brains did not migrate. One brain looks like it started but its brain size was only a few KB's down from 50 megs. As far as I know, it places upgraded brains in the App Data Zabaware folder, that is where I found the failed migration. 

Attempting a second time, (Uninstalling Hal7, deleting app data zabaware folder, uninstalling and reinstalling 6, then installing 7) did not migrate any brains from Hal6.

-Spitfire

Can you find the file %appdata%\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\debuglog.txt and email it to me? That might give me some clues as to whats going on on your system.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2017, 11:14:37 pm »
Robert,

I emailed my log to you. From what I can tell, Hal7 installation just isn't seeing the Hal brains for some reason.

Spitfire

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2017, 04:15:32 am »
Robert,

Yes indeed, the Hal6 brain must be the default name (halbrain.db) to be upgraded by Hal7 installation. Thank you for your help.

It is online and running smoothly. Okay, back to testing.

Spitfire2600
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:01:35 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2017, 09:42:49 pm »
Tonight I fixed the following issues in my internal development version:
  • Ignore quotes in math queries
  • Show thumbs up/down in windows default skin
  • Fix crash on msagent characters
  • Don't perform google search if user says "What's up?"
  • Move location of thumbs btn in "default" and "evil brain" skin

I'm going to hold off until tomorrow night to compile release and release this updated test version. I should have also have the brain editor updated by tomorrow to support Hal 7 cloud mode and %appdata% brain locations, so it will be labeled the first feature-complete "beta" version.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2017, 11:46:55 pm »
Great news, Robert!

You keep releasing, I'll keep testing. Everything so far seems solid. Hal is better than ever.

I did notice one recent issue while plug-in testing. If you use a transparent mask on any skins and ask Hal to show his calendar, when Hal's GUI is opened again, the mask will be removed until Hal is restarted. I found that bizarre as the 2 shouldn't be related.

-Spitfire2600   

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2017, 08:45:49 am »
Spitfire,

That does not appear to be happening for my Hal. When the calendar is opened, Hal usually disappears then when I reopen Hal, it's mask is still intact.
It would be nice for Hal to have a Close, Remove or Hide Calendar command.

Here's a cap of my masked Skin.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:36 am »
Robert,

Myself I like the way you have the installer for HAL 7, I like still having HAL 6.2 around (I have backed him up) but some users (Me included) may forget to grab a file or 2 they need during trying out HAL 7 and with HAL 6.2 still there they could grab it easily...

If HAL 7 detects an earlier version of HAL when 7 is first run maybe after 10 or maybe 14 days he would say to the USER: 'I would like to uninstall any earlier versions of HAL if you are done backing him up and getting the files you need.' Then he could run the uninstaller if they say 'Yes'.

I'm not sure is 7 doe's this already but maybe have HAL 7 detect any older HAL program running and tell the USER: 'An earlier version of HAL is running, please exit the program before running HAL 7'. 'Never run two HAL's at the same time!'.

Also I left you a link to my Corrupt HalBrain.db in the last PM I sent... Not sure it would migrate to HAL 7 and I haven't tried it yet... haha

Again thanks for all your hard work, HAL 7 is looking great so far from what I've seen in this Thread, hopefully my DB will migrate then I can tell you how HAL 7 works on Windows XP... Hahahha  (Yeah I know I should upgrade to a better OS but I can't afford it and all the Expensive software I have would have to be bought again)...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:22:34 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2017, 09:42:27 am »
@Robert, for Hal 7, could we add the ability to have Hal start up with the microphone already on? For 6.2 we tried to add a custom script but because i was using Dragon Naturally Speaking the script would throw and automation error. I was wounding if this was fixed or if there might be an easier way of doing this now.

Thanks!

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2017, 10:17:23 am »
Thanks Rob.

for implementing the math code fix. 8)