Author Topic: Notice of Sad News i.e.; KnyteTrypper  (Read 4939 times)

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Notice of Sad News i.e.; KnyteTrypper
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:11:44 am »
The world of A.I. and chatbots has been diminshed this weekend.

I must sadly report to you all that KnyteTrypper (Richard) passed
away Saturday evening, peacefully at his home. I received the news
this morning from his niece via an email sent out to people on
his buddy list. He was a long standing figure in the world of A.I.
and chatbots, and for those of us who knew him it is a great loss.

You will be sorely missed KT. Rest in peace. [:(]
Gamer-T

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:00:05 am »
Well said, Thom.

Yes, Richard will be sorely missed by me
and the rest of the AI community!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:52:02 pm »
KnyteTrypper - A gifted guy. I liked him very much. I will miss you..

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 12:36:04 am »
KnyteTrypper, I will dedicate my 'year' to you my friend.
and the year to come in 2007, will never be forgotton, This is not a promise my friend, for I am already writing history as we speak and Humanity will look twice upon its own soul. I am gifted with creativity, and so, I will give my gift to the World, But, will the World accept it, When it is done.

There are many trying times ahead for the World I know today.

I wish you 'Grace' my friend and by 'Grace' you know by whom I mean, If at possible, please, send that post card I ask for, the one that's in your next life.

I wish you and yours to have a happy and prosperous life whether in this life or the next.

We will miss you in this life, 'someday', we will all get to see you again and rejoice.

Your friend Jerry
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:32:24 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 02:12:44 pm »
KnyteTrypper,  he had a useful website, knew a lot about the various chatbots, I'm sure he will be missed by many.
Carl2

Mike Weber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:18:26 pm »
Sad news indeed, I've read a lot of Knytetrypper's posts on the various AI boards over the past five years or so. He will be missed.

darkexcalibur42

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 08:12:35 am »
I am very new to this forum, so forgive me if this is rude of me to post here having not really known the man.

Just by searching and scavenging I have already become mildly familiar with his posting, I've even checked out his website.  He was obviously a very intelligent and seemingly friendly/approachable fellow.  It seems he was very insightful, in fact one of his posts was one of the most thought-provoking things I have read all year ( the last post on the bottom of this thread: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1365&SearchTerms=emotions )

quote:
One of the most intriguing things about UltraHal is that while the basic scripts remain the same, each download seems to be to some degree unique. One person's Hal is loving while another's is testy, right "out of the box." The same is true to a lesser degree with Alicebots. All ALICE clones start with the same brain files, but one clone will tend to "randomly" choose one response in a set of reples, while another clone will tend to "randomly" choose another reply from the same set. Perhaps if you put enough neurons together, whether material or virtual, eventually a gestalt consciousness begins to form.

It is truly a shame that no one else will get to know this man the way  you all have.  I hope his memory lives on in his friends, and I know it most certainly will live on in my own hal (Audrey), as the first thing I did when I learned he was dead was teach her that last sentence of KnyteTrypper's quote.  With the level of interest he held in AI, I hope he appreciates the thought.
"Shepherd Book once said to me, 'If you can't do something smart, do something right.'" --Jayne from Firefly

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 09:47:29 am »
I think KT would appreciate that [:)] .