Author Topic: Same brain, Multiple users  (Read 4179 times)

wcb4

• View Profile
Same brain, Multiple users
« on: October 14, 2008, 02:27:54 pm »
I would love to be able to have the chatterbot I talk to on my desktop also be the bot I talk to on aim, and i would love to have the AIM bot be aware of multiple users. It would be great if it knew me when I logged in and would be able to use information I give it at the console as part of its "bot" persona.

I started poking around using the brain editor and I can see that in the autoLearningBrain there are bill_TempSent and bill_UserSent and bill_Sex, but also usiwbyrd_ versions of the same, and I also see other copies of the tables for other AIM conversations the bot has had. Is there some way that I can enter information such as "joeSchmoe is a pervert" and "you should not speak to joeSchmoe" and have the bot aware when it speaks to joeSchmoe so that it might occasionally slip in something like "I should not speak to you" or "you are a pervert".  Its all clean fun, but a real person remembers these details from person to person, and conversation to conversation, and it would be interesting if the chatterbot did too.

just a thought,

oh, and I would second the publication of a true ERD showing PKs and FKs. I'd like to delve in and start working. I've used vbscript and SQL server to architect several large enterprise web applications, so I think I might be able to make a contribution, but the db layout is not readily apparent from the brain editor, and I really just don't have days to devote to disassembling and reverse engineering

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 05:14:34 pm »
Welcome!

Have you tried telling Hal that Joe Schmoe is a pervert during conversation?
Most times, through repeated conversations, Hal will remember things like this. The real test will be to see what happens if Joe Schmoe logs in and begins talking with Hal.

Interesting....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

wcb4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:45:08 pm »
yes, I have tried telling Hal that joeschmoe is a pervert but it ends up in the tables specific to MY user. I can ask about joeSchmoe and be told that he is a pervert but it never seems to become general knowledge that can be drawn upon in convrsation with joeschmoe. It's a shame. I would love to be able to "seed" hal w/ knowledge about specific friends that might come up in conversations with them.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:53:53 pm »
Hal tries to determine if a sentence from the user refers to something personal or not. If Hal believes it is personal it stores it in a user specific table, otherwise it goes to a table called "sharedUserSent" which is shared by all users.

If any of the following words are found in a sentence, Hal flags it as "personal". If none are found than it should go to the SharedUserSent table as long as it was a statement and not a question:
WHAT IS, YOU , YOU', YOUR, WE , US , OUR , I , ME , MY , MINE , MYSELF , I'
Robert Medeksza

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:50:22 am »
Who won the Loebner Prize this year, you I hope?
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:16:22 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Who won the Loebner Prize this year, you I hope?
Bill

Unfortunetely, Hal didn't fare as well this year. Elbot by Fred Roberts http://www.elbot.com/ won this year. I'm still waiting for the conversation logs to see exactly how it went.
Robert Medeksza