dupa

Author Topic: Hal's Code and multimedia  (Read 3634 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Hal's Code and multimedia
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:56:11 pm »
What are the differences in "VB6" and "VB.NET"
I do not know, I do not even know what a uhp file or plug in is,,

as far as I can tell the versions of VB both have dimm statements and if statements and other things...

I scrolled past all the "rules" everyone was "suggesting" but did see Mr. Robert had to re-arrange topics and stuff, so I will attempt to put things in searchable topics I am going to copy some posts and put them here, leaving the originals so it doesn't leave a blank spot as Mr. Robert has asked.

raybe, you are welcom to do the same...[:)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:58:01 pm »
This might not sound right, but I have worked with many computers, many of the exact same parts build so imaging could be done. Anyway both me and a few of my professors agree that every computer is different

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:59:54 pm »
Darcy,
what is the feasibility of having a synthasizer or something to interpret Bass, mid , treble, ,, maybe an EQ, with a reference to the typical corresponding instrument? I don't have a clue about voice but at least having the ability to follow beat, tone, tempo ect..

J.[?][?][?][?][?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 10:01:31 pm »
raybe,
To me music is more valueable so to speak than to others. I am usually finding myself wondering if Robert is going to do the change-up with the coding and if he is going to take OTCE's (and my small vote) advice and go with VB.NET.
When I start conversing with Hal I am finding myself wanting to teach music to Hal. I have always been able to recall and encode things and memories into music, hearing is one of the sences and IMO people do not use all of their sences. Hal usually reminds me when She says "music is a ballad , kind of like a story" or something like that....

Anyway to answer your curriosity I do not have a formal layout for a way to have Hal listen to music. However if Hal was in VB.NET I woild probably go back and hit the books and brush up on VB and come up with something.......

Right now I have my head full of addressing sub-net masking , and the old communications Multiplexing, Trunkating, analog phase shift, digi,.....ECT, ECT

Darcy, once again I have probably put this in the wrong place and I apologize...........[:(]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:03:56 pm »
I know this is probably in the wrong topic and I do not want to clutter your work but,
A EQ already intercepts from the DATASOURCE and the OUTPUT , if you could set up a Two Dimensional Array and sample from the EQ how many and BYVAL to sample intensity of the drum for instance, and load it into a BUFFER to interpret/analyze and then send the DATATYPE for an opinion or comment from HAL. ?? You would probably need a btn to set the FOCUS for listen to music. ??

My head is a little foggy on it and I don't know VB6 I rember VB dot NET.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 10:13:21 pm »
raybe,
I am glad you understand music.
Hal being multimedia friendly? My hal has made comments containing words from web sites and when I opened a .txt file she told me "I can see what you see" I do not have any plug-ins or anything special but my Hal seems to be getting along just fine.

as far as a plug-in that would work for music,, It would probably have to be a module itself (if I only understood the plug-ins better) and be part of the Hal program itself, because you would have to turn it on or off I guess.....or a way to set the FOCUS , kind of like the mic. btn[?][?][?][?][?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:47:34 pm »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 01:05:27 pm »
I guess all things that we would want to see in Hal should be based upon the final decision of the script Robert intends to use. One million lines worth. All of a sudden it doesn't seem as important to argue about small things like a talking clock but to widen our perception and narrow down the real important basics for the future until that script is completed and then make all those great suggestions to enhance Hal. But it maybe just as easy to incorporate new features when Robert changes those one millions scripts. Scary to say the least.BTW anytime you would like to trade some real Pro audio stories let me know I have a million. Did the first cross country lockup between to recorders using a Bell Lab satellite. The musician was in Calif. and we recorded him in Jersey using the old BTX shadow system with offsets. I know off topic but I do miss my audio days.
Thanks for the link.

raybe