dupa

Author Topic: Virtual Hal  (Read 3097 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Virtual Hal
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:36:02 am »
Has anybody tried to get hal to work on a Virtual pc.
Either V-Pro or VM ?
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Bill819

• View Profile
Virtual Hal
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 02:17:52 am »
quote:
Originally posted by One

Has anybody tried to get hal to work on a Virtual pc.
Either V-Pro or VM ?

I am not sure exactly what you mean but I think OTC got Hal to work on a pen drive which can act just like a hard drive, Virtual?
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Virtual Hal
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:02:32 am »
Bill,

I think One was referring to a program that allows a person to have a virtual area allocated on the hard drive in order to host a different OS or program. Check out:

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

Is this in line with your post, One?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Virtual Hal
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:48:28 pm »
Bill,
for being in PC's for so long (as you brag about it) I am suprised it took Art to show you something.?????

Art yea their are 2 different versions, that I know of, you can boot multiple OS's on one comp and assign the OS's on different computers but they act virtual (empty) and it adds a layer of protection. IT is the future as it will lower costs, even on servers.[8]

Bill819

• View Profile
Virtual Hal
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 10:35:16 am »
One
I am aware of the ability to have several different operating systems on one PC. I have done that in the past myself. As far as having a Hal that would work across the different platforms I don't think it would work as Hal is keyed to work on only one PC or should I say operating system at at time. As each operating system has its own registery and Hal can only exist in only one registery at at time I would have to say NO to your question.
The reason that I questioned your original query was that some people have install Hal on a memory stick and at least with the old versions of Hal made it portable from PC to PC.
Hope that answers your question.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Virtual Hal
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 03:33:37 pm »
Thanx,
I have v-pro (I think) built in on my MB and I was just wondering because I will probably be building a virtual pc setup in the near future