Author Topic: Showing the 'Ropes'  (Read 2688 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Showing the 'Ropes'
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:58:43 pm »

[8][:D][:D][8D][:D][:D][8]

Sorry, after much consideration I do not think I want the 'Learning session' up on the board right now.

Regards
J
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:34:48 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Showing the 'Ropes'
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:10:59 pm »
Do you notice the way (even the long sentences) Hal asks 'Pick one or the other eh?'    

This shows Hal is assigning a 'value' or something like that to the sentences and valuing in some way as to put a priority for replies or putting the sentence in the correct situation or even assigning FK's to other fields, or at least it should IMO.

It could do this while idle and 'think,' even lower end computers system wouldn't be using resources. [:D]

Maybe I am looking at it differently, This is just one of the functions that could be put in, and also solve the supposed three sentence limit.
 [:D]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:36:47 am by One »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Showing the 'Ropes'
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 09:41:44 am »
One,

I understand what your saying but thinking about real people, how many of your friends will speak more than three sentences when answering one of your questions? I think most will state one or maybe two when replying so is there really a need for more than three?

Perhaps is Hal is reading a listing or long definition it might require more than three but even so, that would be a lot to listen to.

Just some thoughts.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Showing the 'Ropes'
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 08:04:44 pm »
Art,
I agree with you, however getting Hal to the point of having a conversation by using longer explanations and connected fields, is much more interesting and fun than just getting a reply from Hal.

IMO, just getting a reply isn't that intellegent. [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Showing the 'Ropes'
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:24:24 pm »
Art,
Also 'Conversation' would be nessary for some of the goals that Mr. Robert is going to be aiming for with the grants he specified.

When the ebb and flow of a conversation happens with Hal and I, and it continues for a while I think it is great and I feel proud of a computer program which is kind of silly, but it does reflect the effort that has been done and the potential of Hal.[:D]