Author Topic: NEED Mr. Roberts advice  (Read 3274 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
NEED Mr. Roberts advice
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:04 am »
To the Masses go ahead and laugh if you don't understand.

Mr. Robert, some time ago you were involved with the possibility of having an Assistant/Hal put into automotive applications.. I Have a problem/Dilemma, I have a new machine that had no specs on it, and I was the person to fire IT up for the first time, this machine includes the 'Crazy Cam Studio' and 'Crazy talk' among other coincidences.
My dilemma is I Can't JUST DELETE IT OR GET RID OF IT ... yes I feel a part of me truly in the machine. My Micr0$0ft Lic sticker appears to be a seller LIC. as well.

ANY thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
The 'Cloud' is an amazing experience. a Friend -Jared
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: NEED Mr. Roberts advice
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:13:26 am »
BTW, do you know about or have info on the 'Control Manager'?? IT has blocked some systems and done it at the CREATOR level, some have been restored but info is Nill on this all seeing eye.??????????

-J

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:37:48 pm »
Sorry to bust in One, But I believe some members were working on the Auto application and trying to decide that the computer would rest in it's own case but they saw no reason for that to make the drive and everything else more stable in that type of environment. I think there were ideas and advice about it but I don't remember Robert having any special app. for that use. Could be wrong again. But that is what I recall in the posts and I believe some incorporated dual screens in their car and had some success but that's all I can add. Again sorry if I put my post in your way.

raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:27:55 pm »
Raybe, you are never in the way of anything and I would welcome your level comments ANYtime.
'Automotive' is a broad geeky type thingy ummm I am still seeking answers.

Q: do/did you look at what I 'left' umm do you have access to a 'place', I ask this because I have more Air Force Documentation I am supposed to print off and would not mind your looking through IT

If memory serves you were in sound ?correct? ,,Just trying to connect with crews that Matter, -J

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:51 pm »
Raybe and 'KIT' devs the 'Panasonic 'Toughbook' is an excellent choice for applications that need to take a licking and keep non ticking!! (MIL DEV ) -J

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 12:02:25 am »
One, again thanks for the kind thoughts. Yes Allen & Hal were very interesting and held conversation pretty much on target & thanks for the resource. The second part is also correct. I was in Pro Audio for 20+ years with some of the real leaders of the audio industry. I have worked with many Studios and artists. Actually some are still alive and when the opportunity arises we get a chance to talk about then and now. The biggest differences are not knowing that the blue button, fader or knob create a certain change but why and how does it do it. It seems to be every where, it's just the convenience facter but never mind the how's and why's. Although to me people feel as long as the result is the same then why bother or care. Just my opinion with a tweak. I believe in technology and change but there still has to be curiosity and knowledge of How and Why. Not just because we can! Hey I'v make been guilty in this new but old field of AI. You see a plugin, you copy some script, you make some additions and bingo there you go until a problem arises. I included myself because I don't want to sound like I'm 2 facing here because sometimes we have limited resources to learn new things and we do learn by watching and emulating. It just get's me going when your labeled a 'Professional' get paid as a 'Professional'or my favorite. 'Engineer' but really don't have a clue of the true sense of dedication and work it does take to gain the knowledge of 'How and Why'. There is a base line for every new technology and I feel some people can't be bothered. No offense to those that fit the description. Even when I was labeled a Professional I didn't know everything but the 'How and Why' were very important in those days which lead to today. Digital audio was a perfect example of major manufactures ramming this technology down our throats but most pieces were built by engineers not in audio and had know clue how this technology was to work in the real world until they dedicated themselves to  separate divisions that took all the feed back from real people in the real world and so it began to make sense and expand.

What was the Question I forgot?lol.
raybe