dupa

Author Topic: To Robert: Dream out load  (Read 5643 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

To Robert: Dream out load
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »
Hi Rob.

Could you pull the hard coded dream out loud function in to the programmable script area so that I can play around with some special interaction I wanted to write, for some reason as it is hard coded I can not seem to get Hal to save what it says from the dream out loud, maybe you can help me with this.

Jerry

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: To Robert: Dream out load
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:35 pm »
It's been a while since I looked at that code, but I took a quick glance at it. The code contains an encrypted key given to Zabaware by Microsoft to connect with Bing. I can't pull it out and expose that key publicly. Also it uses some VB6 timers, direct hooks into Hal's speech, and Internet transfer control. This wouldn't work in VBScript without rewriting much of it.
Robert Medeksza

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 06:08:39 pm »
We all appreciate security but I wonder if it is possible to do some other things?

Anyone who works the Scripting Editor knows that commands are written out in blue, if they are accepted.  Now I tried the Microsoft Excel command Gosub and its Return.  They seem to be accepted but I cannot find the format for the Gosub point.  [ In Microsoft Excel it would be something like:-
                   Decision:
on a line of its own.]

What is the format in Hal?
It would help with recursive programming.

Also some way of cleaning the databases Hal uses for erasing duplicate entries.

Thanks for your time.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:43:46 pm »
Another thought.

Does Hal have a WAIT state.

I tell Hal to turn back to me, and walk to a BackgroundFile location in 3 seconds and then turn front to me.  What happens is Hal drifts backwards to the walk to point.

Welcome any suggestions from anybody knowledgeable on this action.

My idea is to add the WAIT states between the actions.

Thanks.  Possibly off-line for a while now so I leave plenty of time for thoughts from knowledgeable members.