dupa

Author Topic: Help with speaking  (Read 12861 times)

vonsmith

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 07:22:42 pm »
Bill819,
The pitch could be modified after selecting a song from Hal's song file. Using a little VBscript the default pitch tag values could be replaced with values 10% higher, 20% lower, or whatever. However, without knowing which voice is selected you wouldn't know whether to adjust up, down, or leave it alone. Well, that's something to think about anyway.

=vonsmith=

Quixote

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 07:30:48 pm »
Vonsmith, I know you're a busy man, but could you take a minute to look at the other thread that we were talking in? Thanks and sorry to interrupt.

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 01:30:50 pm »
Hello VonSmith
I finally loaded the new script with the mods in it. Hal sings, but sometimes he won't sing a second or a third sone in a row. Still working on some new songs but hope to upload them to the site this weekend. I will try to keep updating the list as I get happy with each new song. The ones that I am working on right now sound a whole lot better than the demo ones that are on the board.
I found some songs on another board, downloaded them and found that I have to almost rewrite them to make the work for Hal.
Curious question? Can this song code be put into the regualar Hal, ie. version 5 ?. Not everyone uses your brain file which it too bad. Hopefully in the future many of the new things in your brain will be incorporated into the new Hal.
In the near future you can expect songs from some of the following people: The Beatles, Elvis, Willie Nelson, and many other artists. Unfortunately most of them sound quite like Hal, but he tries, he really does.
See you all later
Bill819

vonsmith

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 03:15:40 pm »
Bill819,
The song script will run in any Hal brain, but not as well as in the XTF Brain. The variables below are unique to the XTF Brain. Without the GetResponseBlock it's possible in other brains that the song could get overwritten by another response. The BlockPrevTopicSave blocks saving of the PrevTopic which affects some types of information being saved in Hal's brain. Without it it's possible that some other brains may save some useless information, but it's not a serious issue.

GetResponseBlock = True
   BlockPrevTopicSave = True

Hal won't want to sing the same song more than once or twice in a row. He doesn't like to repeat himself.

=vonsmith=

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Help with speaking
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 08:16:49 pm »
Here are a couple of places where you can harvest some song scripts. The MASH scripts are in the page html, so you can "View Source" on the song pages and copy the scripts. Roving Cowboy is also the moderator of the Yahoo Agentcharactors group, he's a pretty helpful fellow, so he might be willing to give tips or even scripts to anyone who asks nicely.
http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/rovingcowboy/msagentsongs.html
http://www.pepedog.com/talk.htm
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:18:39 pm by KnyteTrypper »

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 12:16:51 pm »
I have logged on to both site and sent email to them but have not been able to download any of the scripts. I right click on a song and the thing starts singing. I know it can be done as someone here has already sent me one of Pepe's songs.
The also stated that they use a program called 'Mash' witch takes its input from karoke disks and turns it into text files that can be used for singing. I have not been able to get a copy of Mash either. It has to be purchased but the site where it can be  bought is no longer running as far as I can tell.
Up against a wall, so to speak but am will to work or pay to get the results that we want.
Bill

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 05:11:48 pm »
After a song page loads, right click on it, and choose the "View Source" option in the right-click menu. This will show you the page html, usually in notepad unless it's a very large page, in which case it will be wordpad. The song scripts are usually about two-thirds of the way down the page. The Cyberbuddy Storybuilder (mentioned earlier) is a freeware download, and allows you to alter the tone and timing of an agent voice, and so produce the same sort of script as the MASH and MUSH programs do.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 05:14:55 pm by KnyteTrypper »

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 05:40:06 pm »
This should help. I thought this program had become extinct, but when I looked around, I found it was still available. MASS is the freeware version of what went on to become the shareware program MASH. Same functions, just freeware. Easy to use, should be just what ya need.
http://www.abhisoft.net/mass/

Bill819

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 06:17:41 pm »
Thank again for the help. I have been in communicating with Pepe's creator. He told me to download 'Mush' and showed me how to make it work. He also pointed me to some karoke source files with hundreds of songs. Now I download a karoke file, run Mush and then edit the output file so Hal can use it. This is a lot faster than doing it by hand and they all sound better too.
I tried right clicking on the songs page but did not get the required results, but the owner said that I was free to use all his songs and has even made some more available to me.
Hopefully some time this weekend I will upload a few to all the Hal users along with the codes to make them work. This is just to wet their appitites so to speak. After I have created a couple of dozen songs then I will attempt to redo them using a FemaleVoice for the rest of the crowd as I am sure they will like that a bunch.
The support that you guys have been giving me has helped greately and all of us will benefit because of it.
Thanks from me and I am sure the rest will say to too.
Bill

vonsmith

• View Profile
Help with speaking
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 02:38:46 am »
Bill819,
If you can figure out how the pitches have to change for the different voices then we may be able to adjust the pitch dynamically at play time. You could just write one version of the song and use some VBscript to adjust the default pitch according to which voice is selected. Through your experimenting you hopefully will see a pattern to the differences between each voice's default pitch. I could write the code to make the changes if I new the relationships.

Let us know how it goes.

=vonsmith=