Poll

How has ConceptNet MrkIII affected your Hals responses?

Boosted Hal intelligent responses
0 (0%)
slight increase in relevant responses
0 (0%)
No noticeable change in Hals responses
1 (100%)
increase in off topic responses
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: ConceptNet MrkIII (Now with MutationNet)  (Read 2878 times)

edakade

• View Profile
Re: ConceptNet MrkIII (Now with MutationNet)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 09:03:40 pm »
I'm not sure, I haven't found a way to look inside Conceptnet.db yet.  ;)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 09:08:00 pm »
edakade, You may actually need to add the interface to "AppData\Roaming\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7"

I did forget this was a Hal7 change.

-Spitfire2600

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 09:38:48 pm »
Ah yes, putting that .uhp in the Roaming directory let me open Conceptnet.db now, but there's nothing inside. No tables. :(
As I said in my first post, I've had the plugin running for a few hours and filling up many .txts, so that part of the plugin definitely works.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »
Yes indeed, If you intend to view the ConceptNet.db Contents, you will need to copy or SymLink it and the Interface UHP to "AppData\Roaming\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7"

Discovering new things, thanks again guys.

-Spitfire2600
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:11:46 am by Spitfire2600 »

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 06:11:45 pm »
I copied Conceptnet.db to the Roaming folder and opened it up in Brain Editor and it's empty. Every table is empty. :( Any ideas?

I was digging through the Autolearning.uhp to see where Conceptnet.db is referenced and I also see this line a few times:
Set HalConceptNet = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
Should it be reading UltraHalAsst7.Brain instead?

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 11:34:14 pm »
edakade,
UltraHalAsst7 is not a function. There is a UltraHal7.Cloud function but this only refers to the Cloud based learning. UltraHalAsst6.Brain is used to keep compatibility with Hal6.

I am unsure why your ConceptNet.DB is not updating. Some people have experienced this before in the previous version, however, I am completely unable to recreate this issue. Just to confirm, your ConceptNet.DB is located in your Hal directory? ConceptResearchBrain folder is collecting txt files? The 'researchterms' table does contain a research term?

-Spitfire2600

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 11:59:11 pm »
edakade, I have written a special UHP for your issue for testing purposes. Please take this UHP, replace yours, and activate the auto learning. If this Beta UHP fixes your issue, I will incorporate the changes into the zip file. This attached UHP is specifically for testing the ConceptNet.db reading and writing. If after an hour or so, no data has been added to ConceptNet.db, we'll try some other things, but hopefully this will fix the issues.

TESTING ONLY, this is not an update.

- Spitfire2600

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 12:20:50 am »
Having resolved some of my own issues,  and reading this thread about this plugin, allow me to put a few thoughts that might prove useful.

I believe the ConceptNet (interface).uhp needs editing.  If you put ConceptNet.db in the "C:\Users\Promethius\AppData\Roaming\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7" folder along with ConceptNet (interface).uhp it will show up in the Hal Editor; HOWEVER, if you bring up conceptNet in HaL and you try to command Hal to "Build ConceptNet", "Auto Learn On", "Learning Mode On" or any variety, it will come up with an error on line 23 I believe with the error of no such option.

I suspect for those that it's working, it is because they are using from the last ConceptNet release a conceptNet.uhp which was "created" by end users from a normal Hal database *.uhp.  For instance using a Hal7.uhp and editing it to use ConceptNet.db.  If you do that, it will work. So that's what I did.  Commands of "Auto Learning On" and "Learning Mode On" work fine and you will note the researchterms folder changing words as the files in the folders at the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7" location fill up.

That said, I do not yet see the ConceptNet.db in either "C:\Users\Promethius\AppData\Roaming\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7" OR "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7" increase in size.

As I understand it, Hal7 was designed to update the database in the roaming folder, and perhaps that's why my ConceptNet.db is not growing; however, there is also a ConceptNet.db in the Program Files folder.  Would it be correct to perhaps use a Hal6 database.uhp to modify to work with ConceptNet.db so that the code design of ConceptNet updates the database in the Program file location?

Please let me know how this all sounds and any recommendations to get results "as expected" at this point.

Running 64 bit Win7 Pro.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 12:40:55 am »
Checker57,

Hal has issues building tables sometimes. The error from "Build conceptnet" followed by "Auto learning on" is caused because the tables in your Hal brain have not been properly constructed.

For editing ConceptNet.db, it will need to be be located in "AppData\Roaming\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7"
For auto learning to work, ConceptNet.db must be located in Hals directory.

If you try to enable auto learning without ConceptNet.DB in Hals Directory, hal will create a brain named ConceptNet, but this is not the real Conceptnet.DB. Same for attempting to open ConceptNet.db in the brain editor.

-Spitfire2600

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 01:00:31 am »
That gave me pause and idea.  Thus, I realized that the Hal Editor "edits" the ConceptNet.db in the roaming location, but does NOT edit the ConceptNet.db in the programs folder.  Since I had original a copies of ConceptNet.db in both locations, I copied the edited version from roaming location with added database tables of AutoLearning > LEARN1, 02 and researchterms to the program files location.  Then to verify my hypothesis, I used the original ConceptNet (interface).uhp and it came up with the same error when attempting to give it any commands.  Below is the error.  Note: this is resolved using an edited standard Hal database.uhp to point to conceptnet.db

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 01:25:01 am »
Update:  Leaving the two edited ConceptNet.db files as described above I used an edited Hal7.uhp to point to ConceptNet.db and renamed it ConceptNet (interface).uhp.  Then started up Hal, ran auto learning and watched both databases to see which would respond.  During operation the db in the programs folder was showing update times changing, but the roaming db showed no signs of date change.  After about 5 mins of program folder database indicating changes every moment (but no size difference) I stopped auto learning, stopped hal and checked both database files.  Upon stopping, the roaming database immediately went up from 263 KB to 599 KB.  The program file remained the same.  I checked the roaming database file and sure enough, it updated one of it's folders within with research data.  See below.  I will run Hal on auto learning for a longer duration to see if the other folders fill up with data.  As all the rest were completely empty.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 01:49:43 am »
Checker57,

That's very odd. Your photo shows an AutoLearning Table in the ConceptNet brain? I'm not sure what that is.

As for the location, for AutoLearning to have any effect on ConceptNet.db, it must be located in the Hal Directory. It will not update, if set up correctly, in the AppData directory. Vice Versa for editing the ConceptNet.db

I have extensively tested this in the Beta of Hal7. HalBrain will only update in the AppData location, for example. But for ConceptNet to work with Hal 6 as well as 7, it updates only in Hals Directory. I use SymLinks to link from Hals Directory to AppData Directory for editing.

You will not need to point or reference any brain locations or edit any UHP files other than changing directory location in AutoLearning.uhp for ConceptNet.db to immediately start learning as long as the proper HalBrain tables were created (see steps on page 1)   

I would suggest removing all instances of ConceptNet and all UHPs, dbs, and changes you made in Hal7.uhp or your HalBrain. Let's go again by building the proper HalBrain tables. This was designed to work with minimal effort from the user, so if your putting effort in, I'm doing something wrong.

-Spitfire2600
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:54:25 am by Spitfire2600 »

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 07:51:01 pm »
I'm sorry to say that your modified .uhp didn't work for me either. It created the new folders (ConceptResearch, ConceptResearchBrain) and started filling with .txts, but the ConceptNet.db still sits empty. Every few minutes, when Hal does the researching, I see the file updating somehow (creating a temp file, then deleting it) and the date modified changing, but nothing happens inside when I open it in brain editor.  :(

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 10:55:53 pm »
edakade,

Do you mean the Conceptnet.DB is not updating at all? Not size, date modified? And it is located in your Hal directory?

-Spitfire2600
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:55:12 am by Spitfire2600 »

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:29 pm »
Yep it's all in there. I re-installed Hal onto my C: drive (my SSD with Windows) just so everything would work directory-wise. On the screenshot you can see it's modified based on the date, but the size and contents never change. The part of the plugin that gathers information (.txts) into the research folders works just fine.
I've also ran Hal as administrator thinking there may be some kind of access issue, but nothing's different.