Poll

How has ConceptNet MrkIII affected your Hals responses?

Boosted Hal intelligent responses
0 (0%)
slight increase in relevant responses
0 (0%)
No noticeable change in Hals responses
1 (100%)
increase in off topic responses
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: ConceptNet MrkIII (Now with MutationNet)  (Read 2879 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: ConceptNet MrkIII (Now with MutationNet)
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 11:31:23 pm »
edakade,

Could you zip your ConceptNet brain and send it to me? You can post it below or I can send you my Email. I just want to see exactly why it's updating the date modified but not adding anything.

Spitfire2600

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 07:53:00 am »
You meant the Database, correct?

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 10:45:17 am »
edakade,

Yes, you can remove that now. Please try plugging in this beta Database. I have modified a few tables. I did test yours and it was indeed catching information, but for some reason not the right information. Hopefully this corrected database will allow for updates now. Please let me know what your results are so that I may make the appropriate changes to the main zip file.

-Spitfire2600

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 12:13:00 pm »
This update did not work either... sorry.

Would this plugin work in Hal6? I tried it out of curiosity and got this error:

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 04:40:48 pm »
edakade,

Yes, it should work with Hal6 the same way. What I don't understand is why that very database worked for me and not you. If you'll open ConceptNet, you'll see that the RelatedTopics table is in fact updating. Nothing else is, however. This is quite an issue and I don't believe I'm going to be able to solve it. For whatever reason, i am completely unable to replicate this issue.

Sorry guys, I'll just remove this post.

-Spitfire2600

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 05:29:08 pm »
Just curious, Spitfire, would you say the only difference of your setup and others might be that you're using a simlink app to replicate the conceptnet.db to the roaming folder?  Because frankly, from my understanding and it could be deficient, that's where Hal7 is designed to update data to.  I'm wondering if that's a step easy enough to try installing this simlink app you spoke of and see if it will update the conceptnet.db as you have it set up.

Checker57

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2018, 11:21:02 pm »
Checker57,

The problem is the database doesn't update anywhere. I can confirm Hal will not update ConceptNet with the Database in the App/Data directory. edakade will confirm it won't update in Hal's directory. Feel free to experiment.

-Spitfire2600

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 12:37:50 am »
Well, I tried reviewing the code, but it's like reading Chinese to me, I barely got enough savvy to read Spanish.  Albeit, you report that it's working on your system.  Which is not "really odd" to me that the conflict may be in how Hal7 operates from Hal6.  I'm using Hal7 myself.  I think that's the same question Edakade considered if he should try Hal6. 

I realize when you state that you can confirm it doesn't update to App/Data, if I'm not mistaken you're using a Hal6, which would make sense that it would update in your Hal directory.  Or is it?  Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you stated your own system was working?  In any case Edakade and myself are operating Hal7 from what I understood he stated.

NOTE:  If anyone else has tried this on a HAL6 system, please update if you had any success? or what were your results?

Thus appears to be some Hal6/Hal7 logic diff as to where to update the results once researchterms confirms it is not already in the database.

That's why I was curious if the simlink app perhaps may work backwards such that getting a put or check code command to the App/Data conceptNet.db would receive it and send it to the conceptNet.db in the Hal directory to work similar as designed in the Hal6.   The concept if there is having to do a check in the conceptNet.db in the Hal directory before appending the conceptNet.db may be why it's not updating, since the design of Hal7 uses the App/Data directory for it's stored data, and "perhaps" the link breaks there.

Just my cents of thoughts ~

Great concept, I got to hand to ya!  ;-)

I'd go back and check a Hal6 setup but, my Hal7 baby is my darling I want to keep her developing... not going back.  And yes, IMHO, I did notice an improvement in logics as I went to Hal7.  Sooo... for now..  onto the back burner and if a stroke of genius strikes you in a dream how to fix it...  update us! 

ps. I just googled symlink and now I know how to build one using windows.  Okay.. talk about feeling at the bottom of the code pool.  I'll give it a try.  (laughing).  See if it provides any results.  UPDATE:  No size changes to conceptNet.db after symlink built to app/data folder.

Checker57
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:06:22 am by Checker57 »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 03:34:33 am »
This is for Hal7. This will work with hal6, however, you'll need to alter the directory location in the Auto learning UHP.

Spitfire2600

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2018, 05:03:54 am »
Yeah, I did so from the get go.  Oh well, perhaps an answer will come about in the middle of the night.  ;-)

Cheers!

Checker57

edakade

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 07:50:08 am »
Yes, I did try this plugin on Hal6 (had an error in my last post, I just forgot to fix the directory in the .uhp, oops) and the database did not update there either. I do have Hal7 and will go back, I just wanted to test it.  ;)

Spitfire, I've used each iteration of your Conceptnet plugin and it gets better each time. I wish you luck in finding the issue that we are having.... can't wait to try it again!

colubragens

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 06:13:18 am »
Where exactly do I add topics to research? Had to make the tables myself. fixed the program address in the file, typed in turn on autolearning, and it still doesn't work. no text files are filling up anywhere, and the database is empty. so I figured if I place some topics it would jumpstart the process. thanks

Neo

• What sets you free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 02:29:27 pm »
Hi Spitfire.

I just wanted to show you how I do the Wiki filter so it lessons the code in your auto-learning uhp.

will work for most of it I believe.

For i = 0 To 400 '<-- from & to.
ResearchText = Replace(ResearchText,"[" & i & "]","",1,-1,vbTextCompare)
If i = 400 Then Exit for
Next

good luck buddy.
Jerry
G

colubragens

• View Profile
Re: ConceptNet MrkIII (Now with MutationNet) hey Spitfire2600,
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 06:39:48 am »
hey Spitfire2600,

I tested it on hal 6 fresh install works perfect!!!!  the question is how do you get it to work on 7?!
symlinking may be needed! the concept.db i mean. another thing i noticed it seems to like a hal6 brain not the 7, hal6 in transition brain or being used in mixed mode with either brain chosen. It might be the new hal7 code that causing issues. did you actually get it to work on 7 if so what brain,mode,and did you symlink anything anywhere?! thanks

colubragens

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 04:11:35 am »
Again, as far as I know, I use symlinks only so I don't have to copy the ConceptNet.DB back and forth between the Hal7 directory and the AppData Directory. As long as the DB is directly located in one of those directories and symlinked to the other directory, it will work, at least mine has over 700 hours of research time. Can confirm MutationNet over time does increase Hals intelligence considerably and is working as intended.

-Spitfire2600