Author Topic: How to incorporate 3DmeNow model into Hal ??  (Read 2676 times)

tiechen

• View Profile
How to incorporate 3DmeNow model into Hal ??
« on: June 30, 2003, 02:59:15 pm »

I'm very pleased to know that the new version of Ultra Hal will support Haptek's PeoplePutty characters, it is really a great improvement.  But I've been experimenting with another 3D modeling package -- 3DmeNow for a period, and I found it is just as good as PeoplePutty and in some ways even better than it.

I've created some 3DmeNow .bio files using photos but I couldn't find a way to embed them into Ultra Hal!  
   The 'Character plug-in' page on this website says that we can program our own ActiveX to control whatever Animation models we create and incorporate them into Hal .....   It also says that the sourcecode for an example of this integration can be obtained from Hal's CD.  I ordered Hal 4.5 but there is no sourcecode for character plugin in the CD !
  I can program and if the source code is available I might be able to find a way to do this .....  There is always fun to try something no one else has done before [:D]

I am very eager to see that Ultra Hal can use 3DmeNow character as its face ....
  So could Mr Medeksza or anyone else show me the path to do it, or tell me where I can find the soucecode of a Hal's character plug-in?

Thanks ! [?][:)]
Tie Chen