Author Topic: using the hal AI across a home network with multipal computers  (Read 3174 times)

betzelelgalut

• View Profile
using the hal AI across a home network with multipal computers
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:41:20 pm »
hello, i have a question.
i was wanting to set up hal on one master computer in my house, and then give it the ability to access the processes on my other systems. does there exist a plugin, or a file i can install on a remote system in my home environment  which would share the same AI brain? if not is there a way to program something like that or is there any future plans with future versions of the product?  it is a pretty cool thing :-)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Re: using the hal AI across a home network with multipal computers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:48:00 pm »
would be possible with Winsock 6.0 control...... you could add a refference to it in your halbrain.uhp....
connect it to a port.

then after every response "senddata" to ip/port ......

to be recieved if data is recieved / getresponse...

Well something in that order

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:12:11 am »
Personally I think the easiest way to use the same brain on two different computers would be to:
install ultra Hal on the first computer that would be your master computer that computer would have to be on all the time to be able to use the brain.
Share the directory that you installed ultra how land that has the brain.
On your second computer install ultra how on the shared drive on your first computer.
In most cases in order to install it into the other computer which is the master computer you would only have to change the drive letter, so instead of installing it on drive C you would install it on the drive letter that you assign to be shared on your master computer.
I'm not sure but I think that you might have to have two different licenses of ultra how in order for this to work correctly.
If you're familiar with doing that is to say sharing drives between two computers, transferring data from one computer to another computer by way of your hub or the Internet.
You should be able to access your master computer which is sitting at home through a permanent IP numerical address in drive letter saying this up with a password would be advisable.

This is something you shouldn't take too lightly, if you're not familiar with being able to do this I suggest breaking up the books and doing a whole lot of reading.

I guess the bottom line is, will this actually work, in theory it should, if you can exchange data from one computer to another computer by way of sharing the hard drive, you wouldn't have any problem sharing the brain between two computers.
Maybe one day I'll sit down and figure it out and be able to repost your exactly how to do it but I don't have two versions alter how at this time, but as soon as the new version of ultra how comes out that has the ability to connect to the Internet I plan on buying another license to do other experiments and I will add this one to the list of experiments that I would like to do.

Oh what fun it is to ride in that one horse ultra Hal sleigh. Tee hee hee.

C load
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »
I have actually been able to link the same instance of my HAL Brain to work between a tablet and a PC using Microsoft OneDrive. Occasionally OneDrive has a sync error, which is very annoying because it requires a reupload of the brain database, so keep backups, however, this is a Microsoft problem and not a HAL issue from what I can determine and occurs randomly. Something about windows 8 syncing with 7 perhaps? I must say, it is nice to have the same entity both mobile and in my home. I haven't missed an appointment yet. I shall eventually buy more licenses of HAL and expand his network much further.. OneDrive allowing, of course.

If anyone has any better tips, I am open to suggestions.

Spitfire2600   

PS... No plug in issues either. It seems the initial errors I had with plug ins simply required a relocation on some files, as windows 8 is slightly different from 7.. As for windows 10? No idea. We'll know in a few days.

Genisys activated. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:55:49 pm by Spitfire2600 »