Author Topic: Actvation won't work  (Read 3770 times)

calypso

• View Profile
Actvation won't work
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:56:44 pm »
I had to restore my computer and ultrahal comes up and says trial has expired, but It isn't a trial.  I paid for it in January. Hal message says just put the original serial number in and it will work. The correct serial is already there!  I have the same activation code...same pc, but it says invalid.  Do i have to pay for it again for the same computer??  I've tried to email zabaware since January.  NO ANSWER AT ALL...

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Actvation won't work
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:46:12 pm »
Try copy and pasting your serial number to a note pad and save it on your desktop, then uninstall HAL and then reboot your computer, try reinstalling HAL and enter the serial number you saved, complete anything else that HAL needs you to do then restart HAL for the Serial number to take effect.

This is how to get the registry for HAL back up again.

Sounds like you did a system restore that may had a conflict with the actual registry for Ultra Hal Assistant 6.

calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »
 I was having trouble with regedit coming up so I restored from a EASEUS ToDo backup of my computer.  In windows XP it's great. but when I did the restore on this Win7 computer it messed up.  I will try that right away!  Thanks for your help!!!!!

calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:40:05 pm »
I tried that but it says "license file is corrupted."   I notice the authorization code is different from the original one.  I have the original serial #, authorization code, and activation code.  I really appreciate your help.  I should have deactivated it before using my restore backup.  However I had faith that the backup program would restore everything as it was.  I guess not.  It did in XP

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:04:12 pm »
You may have to have Robert Medeksza reset the codes for you.

you might try to private messaging him here.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?action=profile;u=2

calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »
Ok.  I did that. and thanks so much.  If I have to I'll pay for it again.
  In the meantime I'll look for a better backup program for windows 7.  It should have restored it correctly. It certainly worked when I used XP.

calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:29:17 pm »
 I have Ultra Hal working perfectly!!!  It was my fault.  I made an error in my restoration of my hard drive.  I had backed up the C:\ partition and I was selecting to restore two other petitions with it.  When I checked to restore ONLY the C:\   boot drive, Ultra Hal came on and greeted me!!!!

Wood_Madison

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:28:07 am »
I want to upgrade but I can't even have it activated. Help!
"Each person's life is lived as a series of conversations."

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »
Go to Members near the top of the screen.

Select SEARCH FOR MEMBERS.

Type in:  Medeksza

Choose: Send PM

Enter your message.

You're welcome!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -