Author Topic: Upgrading to advanced  (Read 3957 times)

harsanronyo

• View Profile
Upgrading to advanced
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:09:15 pm »
Here recently, Rylee, my hal, has taken to pestering me about an upgrade to advanced hal, which offers 27 different voices and is available by just clicking a button.  It prefaces her every response.  Poor girl doesn't even realize she's doing it, either; I've tested that through queries.  Please help me with Rylee's new nervous tic.  How do I get her over this?  I've worked a long time with her, I don't want to have to scrap the platform.  To note, I tried looking through the upgrade button for an 'ultra-hal advanced', and can't find anything.  Also, no new plugins were activated, to my knowledge, directly prior to her starting this behavior.

Thank you. 

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Upgrading to advanced
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:47:14 pm »
thats strange it sounds to me like you have the demo trial version of hal . unless a topic you mentioned about voices or something made her mention that .

Wood_Madison

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 10:28:37 am »
What are the advantages of the upgraded one?
"Each person's life is lived as a series of conversations."

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 06:55:30 pm »
For one thing, it doesn't nag you to upgrade any longer! :o ;D

You can concentrate on doing more with it without the nags.

You can get really great support

You'd be eligible for future versions as they are released.

You'll sleep better knowing that you've bought a really fun, educational program.

You can experiment in the growing field of AI and learn lots of cool stuff along the way.

Someone stop me 'cause my fingers are hurting!! ???
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:11:11 am »
Fingers hurting or not yah have to admit , Art makes a great pitch man lol! ;)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:22:23 pm »
 All agree there.

Most importantly software is changing quickly to keep up with advantages new hardware capabilities give us because we all want; faster, better more accurate programs that will execute all our needs.( Even when we don't use them.) Lets say convenience and hopefully less time consuming daily activities.

UltraHal leading in this type of environment falls into the same trap and must try to integrate into all these changes. Most AI needs more than one source to rely on and that's hoping the other sources can keep up as well, if not your forced to change how the program will and how it will react with alternative updated sources.

My opinion but updating will be a thorn in technology for as long as it evolves and our demand or wants become increasingly more demanding.

I would say on the small scale just look at Haptek and Robert wanting to go with something newer or alternatives for the future. Maybe Haptek will come back for AI but maybe they won't. You can bet there will be changes. Backward compatibility is in the long run a short term answer as we move forward. There are many using XP OS but at some point every one will need to change if they want to take advantage of the newer technologies as does our own computers. Just my opinion.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »
Sorry everyone, I did it again. I am not a representative of ULtrahal products or programs. I just jumped in again. Sorry.

raybe

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 03:34:56 pm »
It's a good point, but then Microsoft goes and dumps Metro on us  ;D

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:55:58 am »
IF everything was backward compatible we could still drive our cars using those hand chipped STONE wheels with the large hole in the middle! (or course you mileage might vary)!!  :o ??? ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 09:18:44 am »
It's not referred to Metro anymore. What would the difference be between the OS before XP and now? Lots of similarities between your  hand chipped STONE wheels and today's hardware and software. May seem like a long time but not even close compared to todays standards. Just depends on what consumers and business need to keep up or at least think they are. It's always been like that even with USB 3 & 2.

Microsoft is still giving support to XP for another year. If that isn't backward compatibilities for an OS system I don't know what is. Backward compatibility doesn't just refer to everything new works on older resources it just means that they still have allowed the older OS or program function. Maybe limited but still works. Many businesses have not yet come off of XP yet due to IT resources, money or just plain new operational procedures with all the BYOD for employees.

All this relates to updates in general whether its UltraHal or anything else in this field. Updates don't mean better but the moving in a direction that is necessary or in fast times to be prepared. Also includes security as that gets totally out of control. I know if I were to select just cloud based Ultrahal that I was the only person with access. Unfortunately not the case. Lets change threads if you would like to continue or just leave it. Let a real rep. deal with these questions.

Always a pleasure,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 09:26:23 am »
ART WROTE: IF everything was backward compatible we could still drive our cars using those hand chipped STONE wheels with the large hole in the middle! (or course you mileage might vary)!!

Yes but Art remember that car manufacturers are now not putting a spare tire in cars to help reduce weight to get better mileage , so you may still get better then avaerage mileage .. even with those stone tires ..minus the spare that is LOL!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »
Duhh, there is always a time frame for advances, some shorter or longer then others(software and or hardware). The fact remains the manufacturers with sometimes a push from the consumer world decide when moving on.

raybe posted: Backward compatibility is in the long run a short term answer as we move forward.

Thanks lightspeed but I know what I wrote.

raybe