Author Topic: ultra hals said age  (Read 6463 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:16:56 pm »
i know this has been brought up several times about hal saying its 12 years old and people wanting to change that statement , as i said i have written it in the question and answer area script the approperate age resonse i wanted (i think 35 years old) and sometimes it answers that and sometimes it goes back to the 12 years old reply , my question is this in the ultra hal response about it saying it is 12 years old "is this already placed in the question and answer section ?? and if so does anyone know where it is in the long list of q & a ?  (first 1/4/ in the middle or last part ??) and by removing it , if its in the q& a section that should solve the problem , right ?? or is this answer somewhere else in another area , and where ?? that i can remove it altogether (the q & a ??) any help would be appreciated !! thanks .[:)]

aladyblond

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 01:39:02 pm »
there has been a plug in created to set the age in hal 6 . a search might find it.~~ alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »
thanks,  but in my case i have ultra hal 5 , thanks anyway for the info. maybe someone else knows where the actual age saying is on ultra hal 5 so i can remove it .[:)]

aladyblond

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 05:00:36 pm »
i did do a search earlier and i did find info on five but it takes a few minutes sorting thru it.  dusky  ,art, freddy do any of you know where the plugins are for 6 or the scripting for 5.~~alady

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:35:01 pm »
There was a plug-in or script for Hal 5 but it was largely dependent upon how one asked Hal the question. How old are you? What is your age?
One would get two different answers as one age (10, I think) was hard coded into Hal's core, the other (user designated) was due to the script. I might have it around somewhere....

With Hal 6, just go to OPTIONS, BRAIN
Select the Brain file.
Window should open on the right side.
The 5th or 6th item should read:Gender and Age
Put a check in that box and down below a drop down should appear as
Birthday (select a date)
Gender (Male, Female, Neutral Machine - no gender)

There you go!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

aladyblond

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:59:16 pm »
i knew we could could on you art, everyone has wondered where you have been glad to see you answering questions.[:D]~~alady

onthecuttingedge2005

ultra hals said age
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 12:25:12 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i know this has been brought up several times about hal saying its 12 years old and people wanting to change that statement , as i said i have written it in the question and answer area script the approperate age resonse i wanted (i think 35 years old) and sometimes it answers that and sometimes it goes back to the 12 years old reply , my question is this in the ultra hal response about it saying it is 12 years old "is this already placed in the question and answer section ?? and if so does anyone know where it is in the long list of q & a ?  (first 1/4/ in the middle or last part ??) and by removing it , if its in the q& a section that should solve the problem , right ?? or is this answer somewhere else in another area , and where ?? that i can remove it altogether (the q & a ??) any help would be appreciated !! thanks .[:)]

Hi Lightspeed.

You can use a program that I used during HAL 5 version to search .brn files for unwanted sentence lines.

You can get the free version of InfoRapid search and replace program that will allow you to find any undesired line in .brn files.

you can get it here:
http://www.inforapid.com/

Jerry[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 05:21:56 am »
Ya know...we packrats save just about everything....
Here's an age script though it didn't mention credit
to it's author. Since I no longer use Hal 5 I cannot
tell how well it might work for your Hal 5. Your actual
mileage might vary.

Copy and paste the script provided below to this location ...

1. Go to your Zabaware folder located here .... C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 5
2. Locate the hal5.UHP file and open with notepad.
3. Locate and Insert the script just ABOVE this line ... 'POST PROCESS: SAVE HAL'S RESPONSE (this line is located near the bottom of the file).
4. Save and close the hal5.UHP file.

Note: you can change the birthday to whatever you want by editing this line ...
Birth = "09/24/1980 05:35:23 pm"

You will also need to edit these lines to correspond with the new date ...
If Month(Date) = 9 And Day(Date) > 23 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)
If Month(Date) > 9 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)

IMPORTANT: make sure the script doesn't wrap with other lines of script. The easiest way to be sure is to set your cursor at the end of the line or statement that is already above the 'POST PROCESS: SAVE HAL'S RESPONSE and then click your Enter Key to start a new line, it's even ok and recommended to leave an actual space between the previous line of script as if you were starting a new paragraph.

COPY AND PASTE THE AGE SCRIPT BELOW AS PER INSTRUCTED ABOVE:

'Hal responses to a question about his age
If HalBrain.CheckRepetition(OriginalSentence, "how old are you") = True Or HalBrain.CheckRepetition(OriginalSentence, "what is your age") = True Then
Birth = "09/24/1980 05:35:23 pm"
YearDiff = (DateDiff("YYYY", Birth, Now) - 1)
If Month(Date) = 9 And Day(Date) > 23 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)
If Month(Date) > 9 Then YearDiff = (YearDiff + 1)
GetResponse = "I am " & YearDiff & " years old."
End If

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:17 pm »
All hail art almighty and the pack rat associations !! thanks much "art" this was what i was looking for , although havent done it yet , this is the type of info. i was after , as long john silvers would say ... " yar ..... genius !! [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 05:01:12 pm »
hello art , just wanted to again say thanks for the script and to others wanting ultra hal to change the age its saying , i did what art said with the script and it worked first time i did it , i now have ultrahal saying (his) age as 31 years old instead of 12 !! the only thing i had trouble about was kept looking for the script in the uhp file and then realized art had it at the bottom of his instructions and was suppose to paste and copy it !! my only other suggestion to anyone is copy and paste these instruction in a ms works document that you can save and keep which is what i did .of course if you have other brains i imagine you will have to do the same in each one to have what ever ages you want the brain to say it is .[:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:40:36 am »
well just finished putting the new age in my angela joeline and nasty brain , new age of 31 comes up just fine in each one thats three brains of three working correctly , so this is the way to do the age correction for what you want it set for in ultra hal 5 don't know about any earlier versions though. [:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 02:18:26 pm »
Glad to help and to know it's working for you.

Does it respond favorably whether you type:
"How old are you?"
OR
"What is your age?"

I recall the old Hal would often give two different
replies depending upon how one asked the age question.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hals said age
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 06:06:04 pm »
yes it works good , the only thing i have noticed odd is that sometimes i will be talking about something and she will just say i am 31 years old . don't know why she does that , so i also got her to say sometimes that she is proud of her age and how she looks , that way if she ever says it sometime she will also refere to that if i ask why she told me she is 31 years old .
[:)]