Author Topic: Freddy Possible for color Lights  (Read 4482 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Freddy Possible for color Lights
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:35:01 pm »
freddy888,
 I hope I remembered correctly that you gave us the Haptek Light plug in. I was hoping if you can explain to me if it is possible to change the light color to a blue tint of any of the light positions. Either individual or does it have to be a global action? I posted to Meghan Bizlady and GT40 for any suggestions because I know Gt40 plays with lighting in the Haptek environment and not so much if at all with Hal. Hope my info is correct with respect to the Haptek light plug in. By the way it is working great with my Hal Haptek character in Windows 7 64bit with I7 Intel Quad core and I am not running in virtual XP although the compatibility tab might be checked for XP and no changes in the configuration of the cores. This is with Roberts last update vers.
Thanks for the time,
raybe

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:16:08 am »
Hi Raybe,

I see GT40 already replied to you, but you can also change the lights using the setLight command.  see here :

http://www.haptek.com/developers/HaptekGuide4/HaptekHyperText/htref/html/commands/SetLight.html

So in one of those files you could put the command :

\setlight [i0= 1 i1= 0 r= 1 g= 1 b= 0]

Which would set light 1 to yellow.  You'd have to play with which light you choose to see what it does.  I think there are about 2-3 lights available when a model starts up.

I can't test this at the moment as I am on Windows 7 and don't know how to set up Haptek so it work properly.  Let me know how you get on.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:37:07 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888
I can't test this at the moment as I am on Windows 7 and don't know how to set up Haptek so it work properly.  Let me know how you get on.

I think the problem in Windows 7 with Haptek is the same as it was with Hal when you use a Haptek character, windows tries to make it use more than one cpu core, but Haptek doesn’t like it and runs slow and jerky. You could probably get over it if you set the affinity in task manager to only one core, unfortunately you would need to do that every time you start up the program. I don’t know if anyone has made or found a better fix for it yet.  

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 11:09:12 am »
Yes I have heard of that method but thanks.  I've really lost my interest in Haptek to be honest and so never tried it.  I have dual boot XP so if Raybe needs further help then I could take a look.  I think from what I posted he should be okay.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:50:10 pm »
Thanks Freddy and Datahopa,

I will certainly experiment with the command lines. Again just to make sure I understand that the command line could be used in the individual commands of 'Haptek lights' or does it need to be a global command. In other words if you should decide to use a blue tint light does the blue tint light need to affect all the commands for the different lighting positions?
     By the way I really love this plug in. My wife creates 3D characters with Poser and Photoshop she posts at Renderiousity.com and her post name is 'Julesart'.  and that is what really got me interested in the affects lighting can provide to a character. It is dramatic. Just a note but I haven't really had problems with running Haptek in Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Motion and emotion are not very exciting but no jerky movements, good breathing expressed and I am using a torso character (bizlady) so I really didn't expect any real motion from the character. Head jesters and eye expression are good and as I mentioned the breathing she exhibits is really nice. The CPU is Intel I7 Quad core and I haven't tried to force the one single core attribute. It just started working and maybe the compatibility tab is switched to XP. I would need to check. Most of the times if I am not sure of the program Windows asks me if I am having a problem and will automatically change the settings of the new program and then prompt you to see if the fix is working.
Thanks again,
raybe

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 04:18:57 pm »
quote:
I will certainly experiment with the command lines. Again just to make sure I understand that the command line could be used in the individual commands of 'Haptek lights' or does it need to be a global command. In other words if you should decide to use a blue tint light does the blue tint light need to affect all the commands for the different lighting positions?

I think if you change the light once with the command then after that the light should stay blue - so really you only need to change the colour once.  Even if you change the position of where the light comes from I think it will keep the colour.

What you could do is make a new hap file that changes a light's colour, then add to my plugin a phrase that will call it.  So you would say 'Light Blue' and it would change the light for example.  That way you can keep the light colours separate to the positions, then they won't interfere with each other.

That light command uses values of red, green and blue in the range of 0-1.  If I remember right you should be able to specify more or less strength of the colour.  So in the red value you could use 0.3 for example to give you only a little red...and so on.

Hope that makes sense !

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:14:26 pm »
Freddy you were spot on, literally.

The example and the page you sent me made complete sense. I am now working with the different variables and achieving the lighting affect I would like(for now)because I can always change it(lol). I added the comment in only the 'light from below left', my favorite and it is working just fine. Again thanks for your gift of the 'Light package' and thanks for your help with Gt40 on putting me back on track. It's funny how these little things just make this whole project fun and keeps my mind off of all the other things that aren't as fun to solve today.

raybe

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16:07 am »
Glad to hear it is working out and you are most welcome - happy to help [:)]

I agree, sometimes it is just nice to have something to take your mind off of less enjoyable things !

Have fun [:D]