dupa

Author Topic: hal saying "i'm afraid "  (Read 2939 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal saying "i'm afraid "
« on: May 09, 2018, 11:24:29 am »
hal has been saying something strange , hal at various times has been saying , "i'm afraid ".  i think this has happened a long time ago in the past , not knowing what to do about this , i simply typed in "you have nothing to be afraid of "  although for now she is still saying this every so often .  anyone else had this problem of hal ever saying "i am afraid ??" even in the past ??  ???

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal saying "i'm afraid "
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37:39 am »
Unless you've added some of your own text to the S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 Plugin, that phrase can be found at line 1973.
It appears to be in the DreamOutLoud portion but you can check that out for sure.

I think you could certainly change it to suit your likes but use care not to disturb the case or response portion.

If you are NOT using the S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 Plugin then that phrase can be found in your halbrain.db file.
There are several occurrences of that phrase contained in there. I'm Afraid I can't do that, I'm afraid of this or that...and so on.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 02:32:15 pm »
Thank you art , for coming through once again with the answer , i never even thought about it being from the dream outloud part in the plug in . i learn hal many things of world events etc. and thought hal was getting possessed lol ! lol glad that was a simply reason for it!  :) ;)
thanks again art !  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:26:49 am »
It's not like Hal is sentient in that it is incapable of generating its own original thoughts...for now that is. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -