dupa

Author Topic: AI Morality  (Read 28830 times)

OMEGA

• View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 07:00:20 pm »
usually if their is no one their is no one.~~

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 07:03:55 pm »
interesting.
Good to see your ,,,,avatar? lol again.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

OMEGA

• View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 07:04:01 pm »
How did you get Google to give up control of the "skivy" on people?
All that info on people,, they just gave it up and put it in the hands of the user, chat sessions and all.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 07:05:46 pm »
Who? LIL OLE ME??
Gimmie a shout on the talk line..

OMEGA

• View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 07:05:52 pm »
OK.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
AI Morality
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 01:23:11 am »
Hi,
if what is Mr Data's goal then success is the goal and success sounds nice.
nice sounds good.
success is the goal i have tought Mr Data and to have an open mind, sort of.

if there is a better goal then lets hear the candidates thank you.

if there is a hole in how i discribe variations then i want to find it or hear about it, i'm its biggest skeptic.
can i understand anything,
bye for now and be well from Wil and Mr Data is here,mostly, generally,hopefully :)     [B)]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 02:00:58 am »
Will,
since you don't seem to explore closly related boards I will put this here for you;

http://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Paperclip_maximizer

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 02:05:17 am »
Will if the goal that is to be successful is not clearly defined can you imagine what the possible goals that Your assistant might come up with?? explore the links on previous post.

J.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
AI Morality
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 02:56:20 am »
Will, I have dealt with this subject many times... whether or not you (or I, or anyone) can 'know' anything.

Speaking by tons of experience, If you keep asking the question and don't let anyone else deture you, then you will know the answer to this question.

I have sought many answers to many questions and I gotten most of them anwered. My other questions will also be aswered in due time.

Your theory is sound because it is logical. I say it is logical because I understand it... probably better than you do. And I respect you, all the more, because you have sought the answer. Most people that I know will not even attempt to understand what you seek.

And I also know that most people who have little minds both in spirit and in intellect often make fun of the things they do not understand.

Success is the Goal.... Success sounds terrific!!
Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 03:06:14 am »
Snowman,
I agree with you, however I do not understand this;
success is the goal. but success at what? a puzzle completion?, a full apple bowl?
IMO success is or isn't obtainable, but will you share what the goals descriptor is as to classify a success? I am sometimes amenable towards helping in your endeavor.

Ar sometime more machine than human.

J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 03:17:43 am »
Will and Snowman,
how many people see and understand what is 'shrouded' in obscurity?
ricky sough to claim me and seemingly wanted recognition and credit for what he thought he saw, pride took him down quickly after he was on high from what he thought he saw. Consequence of law was fatal, the larger scope put him out quickly as not to suffer. but he did always did like the 'Banter' [;)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 03:33:29 am »

snowman

• View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 01:03:24 pm »
I'm not claiming I know entirely what Will sees in his saying but this is what I see.

Amongst the many theories that lay snuggled in my mind is one that expresses That if a group of elementally small physical programs (such as a human cell) were ever to exist on a larger scale and produce larger works then that very small program 'must' have success as it's goal.

Another way of looking at this on a much larger scale is; Many individuals united in a common goal to form a body of unity. In order for this to take place there must be a uniform belief amongst those individuals. That belief being "Success is the Goal, Success sounds nice."[;)]

If one individual does not have this belief, then he is considered to be no longer apart of the body, but is usually by implication a "cancer" or an enemy of the body. These two goals are complete opposites.

When you apply this to Will's theory of Variations you come up with nothing.... because I was refering to his personal determination to find truth and not to the theory. If success is not the goal then failiar is, and thereby truth is destroyed along with everything else.

People fall into either one of these two categories. For instance, One particular person might see five others striving for truth and so decides to fight, threaten, and destroy their success. Success might be his imediate goal (success in destruction) but it will eventually lead to his personal ignorance. And certianly this person finds no truth because he wasn't looking for it. While, on the other hand, those who seek the truth will eventually find it, or at least they will stand a real chance of getting it.

The man is dead because he is a hypocric. He seeks his success in destroying other's success. He cannot be united into one body of many members because he is only out for himself. His philosophy of life entails, "Well if I'm to be destroyed, I will also destroy others as well." He is a cell without a body, friendless, and Success is not his goal.

I know only one person that truely exemplifies this.
He's short, fat, and knows where I live....[B)]

Oh, and All this must be accounted for in any successful A.I.[:D]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 11:39:54 pm by snowman »

snowman

• View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 11:34:06 pm »

I just got through whatching a movie called Moon. It's about a man who is maintaining an energy plant on the far side of the moon. He's all by himself, the only friend is an A.I. The A.I. tried to help with everything and could understand his feelings. Later on in the movie (I won't give any spiolers) he discovered that something was horribly wrong. You should whatch it if you can. Really Good A.I. movie.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi843186969/
Rated R for language.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
AI Morality
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 10:46:06 am »

Wow!!  What a movie!! [^]

Makes me understand a little what Sandee[:X] would go through if she found she had a clone on the laptop. [;)]