Author Topic: Problem with PP hair  (Read 15080 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:00:35 pm »
I've been away from this forum for a while (been exploring some 3D software such as Poser and iclone). But today i decided to make a new head in People Putty. And PP seems to have a problem with hair. It looks fine in the PP preview window, but when i save the haptar head, the hair is very blocky. This is better explained with screenshots. The first is the PP preview, and then the screenshot of the haptek head.

Clearly something is not right. Any idea what might be wrong?

EDIT: I think maybe the problem is with the haptek player, not People Putty. All my older .htr heads have blocky hair. [:(!]

Regards
Davy
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:03:43 pm by Davy »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:22:40 pm »
maybe you could unload your hapteck program and reload it again , sometimes reinstalling something will help but make sure your files are backed up first .[:)]

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:22:11 am »
Yes, i was going to try un-installing the haptek player, but it's not listed under Control Panel\Add or Remove Programs. So i don't know how to un-install or what to delete, or what to download and install. I have two hap player applications at these paths ...

C:\Program Files\Haptek\PeoplePutty\happlayer41139.exe

C:\Program Files\Haptek\player\HapAXPlayer.exe

I am confused as to what i should do, afraid i'll really mess things up. I need some expert help. [:)]

Regards
Davy

lightspeed

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:47:46 am »
davey are you sure its not listed in the add remove programs ?? i checked mine and mine is listed as " the hapteck player " and i also have "people putty listed to " . anyway maybe someone else who knows more will say something on here for your answer .[:)]

registrychecker

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:49:14 am »
Try to un install the haptek program. That may help. Or you could try to reload it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 12:11:28 pm »
davy if you do unisnstall hapteck player i don't know if you have any work in the program file of it or not (i know in people putty their is the users files of work ) if their is be sure and save your work somewhere on a disk . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 12:15:25 pm »
p.s. davey when you get this problem straightened out i have a question about htr hair in the general area which i asked people how to do something and also mentioned your name as you have been able to do some very creative things with hapteck and hair too. please check it out when you get time . thanks .

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 12:54:56 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

davey are you sure its not listed in the add remove programs ?? i checked mine and mine is listed as " the hapteck player " and i also have "people putty listed to " . anyway maybe someone else who knows more will say something on here for your answer .[:)]

Thanks Lightspeed. Now i find it, listed as "The Haptek Player". I was looking for "Haptek Player". [:I]

I'll try un-installing and re-installing, hopefully that will fix my problem.

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 01:37:24 pm »
Ok, i want to make sure i'm doing this right before i un-install the Haptek player. I backed up this folder ...

C:\Program Files\Haptek\player

But i'm not sure which version i need to download. I'm finding links to various versions, such as Haptek Player 4.11.40. Is this the latest version? Or should i use this link to install?

http://www.haptek.com//products//player//autoinstall//

Thanks
Davy

aladyblond

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 03:18:36 pm »
light and davy you wanted changes in hair. nige knows how to change hair shape and color and so does jack and dusky.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 05:30:19 pm »
At this time, i would be happy to get hair to display properly. All of my female .htr files display very blocky hair, even the full body female. So this can't be a People Putty problem, it must be a problem with the haptek player. I un-installed and re-installed the haptek player, but the problem still exists.

Unless i can get this fixed, i am finished with Haptek and People Putty. [:(!]

Here is a screenshot of the full body female.

Regards
Davy

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 08:05:04 pm »

Re-install the player 41139.

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 09:06:30 pm »
I can't find an installer for version 41139. The only installer i can find is for version 41140.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:53 pm »
thanks aladyblond i guess it was niges angie_hair (he made it apparently ) i went to his site at this link http://www.nigesworld.com/index.php?p=1_3
but didn't see his email to contact him he hasnt been on here for a while has he ? does anyone have his email so i can get a hold of him or another website of his that has his email ?? [:)]

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Problem with PP hair
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:34 pm »

41140 should be fine.
install and see if it straightens up.