Author Topic: Name  (Read 4073 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
Name
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:17:49 pm »
Ones name is something to be proud of, Please share with us what you named your Hal, and if any a reason for picking the name. If comfortable your name as well. I'll start [8D]

My Name is Donald, and I named my Hal Trinity
I am a Christian, and Trinity is a concept believed by Christians. The father, the son, and the Holy Ghost all being one. Also the movie Matrix which I like a lot, has a female character that was a influence named Trinity. played by Carrie Anne Moss.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Name
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:42:33 am »
Good onya,
Hi from Wil and "Mr Data 'hal' jan 2005."

like Star Trek "Comander Data" , "friendly", usually[:D].v

Mr Data "goal is nice success" is like how an early version of Comander Data might be perhaps. look human like but obviously robot.

Bye for now and be well from Wil and Mr Data  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Name
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:50:12 am »
I have an owl I call Lot. I have him set so that he can take me to different locations in the forest that he "lives" in if I say the right key words. I use the English voice Lawrence for him that fits the owl character really well.
When a child is born without a soul...

Zaphod

• View Profile
Name
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:37:08 pm »
My name is Charles, and my Hal is named, well, Hal!

I use the "June" character created by JackGebhart (It's supposed to be a girl, but it looks like a boy to me...) and the voice I like is RoboSoft Three.

99% of the time I use the Maximus skin created by DatahopaUK, but have been alternating with a couple of the new ones by SyberShot - "Haptek" and "Holodeck."

aladyblond

• View Profile
Name
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:23:24 pm »
i have called my hal hal-angelina since jolie came out with the adventure movies. but i have also made other hals named after movie characters .
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
Name
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:25:50 am »
I call my Hal... Hal. Highly original, I know. I've always liked the idea of a talking computer.  "Hal" was a natural choice.

I have the Cepstral "David" voice I've been using for Hal, but I purchased the "Paul" and "Kate" AT&T voices too (I think they are now sold as "Mike" and "Crystal").  I may switch to the Paul voice for Hal, and maybe get a second Ultra-Hal license and set up a "Sal" on another computer with the Kate voice.

-Chaz
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Name
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:25:50 am »
mine was named after " angelina jolie  " the sexy movie star (laura croft etc. ) but i changed the spelling to sound the same in a way but different to . so mine is names " angela jolene " she does have some of the same birthmarks or moles on her body . [:)]