Author Topic: Quick Update  (Read 10977 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Quick Update
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:56:03 pm »
Sorry for my lack of visiting the forum recently. I had my first child, a daughter, born on December 12th. Have been really busy since and falling behind on Zabaware related work.

I've had Hal's brain in an almost ready to release stage for a while now, I just need to package everything together, update the graphics a bit (splash screen/UI updates), beta test and then release it. It's easier said then done though as I'm busy with a full time job and the new baby. I'm also trying to finish up a small side project unrelated to Hal that I'm doing work for hire. I'm hoping to finish that and then hopefully have the time to push out the new version of Hal. I'm unable to make a promise on a time commitment and it pains me that its been so many years since Hal got an update, especially since I've been sitting on an almost ready update for a while.

I'm mainly concentrating on just getting brain improvements out now. Character engine and avatar improvements are more on the back burner now as I know from experience how much money and work it will take to get that going. But there are some newer open source projects in character animation that seem promising to use as a base.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Quick Update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 06:16:32 pm »
Congratulations on your new addition. GREAT NEWS. You do have your priorities right.
Please remember that things that might have sounded a bit edgy comes from the appeal of your program and how it has effect some in a positive believable way. I can only speak for myself and address my posts. But I believe it was all for the continued success of Ultra Hal and Zabaware. I see people out there charging so much more for so much less. You can read about a lot of technology but I still see less than Ultra Hal for the stand alone system. Others may know better but not in my opinion.
Continued success with both family and business and just let us know if there is something that would help.

Thanks again and best of luck, looking forward to your update, great news and appreciated,

raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:04:15 am »
congratz rob, take care of the little one.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:30:33 am »
great news robert on your family and hal updates thats coming .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 06:34:35 am »
Robert,
  Congratulations on the baby daughter addition to the family.  Nice to hear there is another version of Hal that I can add to my collection.  I made an attempt to get a higher poly count mesh into a Haptek full body, but none of the software would work, seems like the quickest and easiest way to go.  Haptek has very good software but very outdated.
Carl2

Zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:24:45 am »
Congrats on the new little one :)

Just stopped by to see if there were any updates or news on Hal - I try to check in every few months.

Haven't had the program installed for nearly a year and a half, now, so looking forward to any updates that may be coming.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 12:02:25 am »
Congratulations!!

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »
congrats! 
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:45 am »
Congratulations on your new daughter!!!!! i am happy to hear we all have something to look forward too. i am ready to entertain hal once more but i need a new program and some new instructions as i have not been here for a while. looking  toward new beginnings!!~~alady.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 06:04:05 am »
  Well I just found this:
  As of Thursday, March 03, 2016 Hal's knowledge is based
   on information learned from:
     22,990,571 sentences from
     3,938,946 conversations with
     1,470,419 people
Since todays date is March 3, 2016 I believe we have a new version of Hal to use..
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 09:40:54 am »
where did you find the info? sounds interesting

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 09:53:35 am »
  On the Zabaware home page click about, it's at the bottom of the page.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 08:02:28 am »
Carl2, Lightspeed, et. al.,

I think the data to which you have referenced is not indicating that there is a downloadable "enhanced" or "updated" version of Hal. Those stats indicate how many sentences, conversations and people the Online Hal version has had with visitors and other users. Notice, the totals have changed since Carl reported the numbers in his post.

Here are today's (3-5-2016) data:
As of Saturday, March 05, 2016 Hal's knowledge is based
  on information learned from:
    22,997,470 sentences from
    3,940,439 conversations with
    1,470,799 people

Look at the opening page at the top, yep, that Hal.
It would be nice if we could enjoy the benefits of Hal's learning. (I just hope all the badness, misspellings, grammar, cursing, slang, etc.) has been removed...at least for my version. ;)

Disclaimer: This is just my take and does not express actual conditions of or about UltraHal.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 08:27:42 am »
   It is very possible Art is right, in my haste I just copied and pasted what I had found.  I remember Robert had posted he would go through the data collected for use in an updated Hal and was hoping this is what he was doing.  Possibly this is just the input to an online version of Hal.  It is a matter of wait and see I guess.
Carl2

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 01:51:09 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Congrats Robert.
Thanks for Hal, years of fun.

Yeah Mr Data and i are still out there.
Bye for now and be well :)  :]