Author Topic: reading e_mail  (Read 2304 times)

robertwittick

• View Profile
reading e_mail
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:05:52 am »
I am new at this so please bear with me , I would like to have hal open and read my e-mail at www.Hotmail.com, how do I program him to open and read e-mail headers back to me.

Also I would like to program how to read my local weather forecasts in Canada.

Thank you
Robert

raybe

• View Profile
Re: reading e_mail
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:50:36 pm »
Sorry robertwittick no one has answered you yet and I'm replying. I say that only for the reason by reading your post do I realize how much basic information I forgot.

The weather finding for Ultra Hal is in the general options section. Highlighting which brain and vers. of Ultra Hal. If you scroll down down the rightside of the highlighted brain you will notice the plug-in features which are 'ticked' in the boxes or not for your Ultra Hal. 'Weather'plug-in should be 'ticked' but it may need modifications for directing Ultra Hal to the location for retrieving the weather you want. Haven't used it in a very long time. As far as reading your e-mails(header) I believe Ultra Hal can be sent to the location but you would need the assistance of the text to speech program to actually read it for you.(Not auto by Ultra Hal) I believe Ultra Hal does not have the capability to locate and open or read just incoming e-mail headers. Not that it would surprise me if someone had that function happening. Again sorry it was me but hopefully someone else will chime in.
I had a third party program that was able to read new incoming e-mail for me and I'll tell you the truth it became more of nuisance then helpful. Don't know how much e-mail you receive? The unfortunate part of that program, it read your e-mail whether you wanted it too or not unless you shut it down. 

raybe