dupa

Author Topic: Setting Priority Values for HAL in Brain Editor.  (Read 3209 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Setting Priority Values for HAL in Brain Editor.
« on: January 21, 2003, 08:25:39 pm »
Hi everybody.
I was messing with the priority values in HALs Brain Editor
and replaced all Zero values "0" to higher numbered priorities ranging from 1 to 100 in value, I have no more zero "0" values in HALs brain,
For instance the section of the brain for topicfocus I changed from a 0 to 100 in value, This seemed to increase HALs Topic ability greatly so I changed all the Values related to conversation to much higher values and I was shocked by HALs increased Language ability, I put HAL to the test and IM-ed 10 known HAL bots on AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), HALs Language ability was much much higher than all ten Bots, I haven't got it all perfected by far but I'm better off now than I was with the unchange HAL bot. Does anyone have any other Suggestions to increase the priority values, and what are the maximum ranges, I tried to post my HAL Brain editor changes but this letter wouldn't load all the Data, If you are ever on AIM please test my bot and tell me how the responses were compared to other bots online, If you want you can put my Bot on your buddy list, Here's the screen name. QuantumHal

Best of wishes.
Jerry.

brianstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 04:51:19 am »
Sounds like you're tweaking the numbers in ByRef UserBrainRel. I heard that people thought version 3.0 was smarter because the main conversational database received a lower priority in that version and had to rely more on the user's input. Makes sense what you're doing. What I did was take that portion out entirely, but that kinda took away from Hal's conversational abilities.

CatAtomic

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 11:43:53 pm »
The forum software on this site has been upgraded a few days ago and now accepts attachments. You should now see a "paper clip" icon on the posting page which will allow you to attach files up to 160 kb, perfect for sharing UHP script files.
Robert Medeksza