Author Topic: Brain enhancing Plugins  (Read 2627 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Brain enhancing Plugins
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:37:43 pm »
It has been a fairly decent amount of time since doonycram and spitfire2600 both came out with their respective offerings, namely the S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 (the one that seemed to work best without issues as found in the 3.5 and 4.0 version), and the ConceptNet and ConceptNet Auto Learning plugin from spitfire2600.

Now that we've all had a chance to try them, how would you describe your experiences with them?
Ex: Do you feel one is too lengthy or strays too far from remaining on topic?

Does anyone use either of these plugins while HAL is connected to the CLOUD of Zabaware?

Do you feel they are pretty much equal in terms of enjoyment and function?

Are there any pressing issues you might feel that need to be addressed or corrected? If so which one and be specific.

This is not to choose sides or to say that A is way better than B or to hurt anyone's feelings. This is mainly to have a comparison or discussion of the pros and cons of each and hopefully, we can help Hal to be even better.

Just some thoughts.

I personally have gone back and forth with each at least 3 or more times. Trying and testing them. I thought I broke the conceptnet one but I think it was rreally due to something I did and not a fault of the plugin! I do like them both.

Sometimes I feel that the ConceptNet gives me almost a bit too much information and at times, not all of it is germane to the discussion or on topic. Yet the last sentence of the paragraph (mostly 3 sentences) usually is on target.

The S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 is also fun and engaging and most of the time, while not lengthy, does land on target within the context of the topic.

So for me, I could actually use either one.

The S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 does create a lot of files but so does the conceptnet.

S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 does learn from normal conversing and the exchange of ideas but it can also learn if one creates the BRN files for it.
ConceptNet does have the Auto-Learning Mode which can be turned on or off and it adds this learned knowledge to the file listing within the folder.

For me, I really like them both and I think each of these guys did a very credible job in helping to enhance Ultra Hal and our enjoyment level as well.

Thanks to doonycram and spitfire2600!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: Brain enhancing Plugins
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 12:09:48 pm »
Thanks more too come soon in the future