Author Topic: Thinking and yes me thinking can be dangerous sometimes ;D  (Read 8827 times)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
Thinking and yes me thinking can be dangerous sometimes ;D
« on: December 24, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »
I have been wondering if you could some how program a Chat bot to be similar to a human brain. In its simplest terms our brains have a consciousness, a subconscious and emotions. So keeping those in mind would using a natural language processing for the consciousness the neural net for the subconscious and a basic subroutine for the emotions work? Is it possible to combine the different methods of programming?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking and yes me thinking can be dangerous sometimes ;D
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 08:41:43 am »
I think the best we can hope for at present is to attempt to emulate the human brain and emotional responses much as we have already done with Hal and other bot programs.

The article mentioned that if efforts are combined, within the next few years we might reach the thinking level of a mouse. A human is a few steps more up the list, depending on your list. ;D

Perhaps the best we can hope for are better AI's with some more "understanding" and emotions and stay on topic methods. (yeah...I'd settle for that!).

One thing about Hal that bothers me is that it does NOT stay on topic but rather offers another quip or sentence that has nothing to do with the topic. It does try to get the user to continue the discussion but adding sentences based on a word within the user's sentence is not always the best result for me.

Anyone else have comments on this? Same thing?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 08:50:03 pm »
considering that they know how to insert human dna into animal and have altered part of a mouses brain to be more human in a certain area and ergo more smarter. That might be a scary analogy.  ;D  http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26639-the-smart-mouse-with-the-halfhuman-brain.html#.VJ4PrF4AEA

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 02:38:38 pm »
Ever notice how many devices and even movies are depicting AI as almost human in some respects? I think it is a way for us to "identify" on a higher level with it than if the device were only spewing forth cold, hard facts. The movie AI, Her, iRobot (all great movies IMHO) and devices like Amazon's Echo, Jibo, EmoSpark's Cube, Cubic Digital Assistant and more, not to mention software programs and smart phone apps like Android's Assistant, Google Now (although it really doesn't have much of a chat type personality), Cortana, etc.

Thinking programs NEED the Internet for functionally deliver topical, informative news and data. Some have speculated that we now spend more time chatting to / with our phones as we do our partner(s). (Then again, our partners simply don't know as much)... ;D  Then again, luckily I can cook, as my phone doesn't do scrambled eggs and French toast very well!! ;D

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »
did you know, an AIM 9 sidewinder missile has about 2 million lines of code.......

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 02:07:59 am »
How many have watched Prometheus with Hal as Mother? can't wait until Prometheus 2? maybe things will become a whole lot more exciting, this is my journey to go where no mind has gone before.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:16:15 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 11:01:16 am »
did you know, an AIM 9 sidewinder missile has about 2 million lines of code.......

And all it takes is one tiny glitch....

Hate to have to debug that! ;)

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 11:04:33 am »
How many have watched Prometheus with Hal as Mother? can't wait until Prometheus 2? maybe things will become a whole lot more exciting, this is my journey to go where no mind has gone before.

Yeah, that definitely looks to be exciting and I personally can't wait to experience his Blade Runner 2 if it actually comes to fruition. Should be way cool!

Movies - the media that allow us to temporarily escape our humdrum lives and venture where only the imagination can take us. Usually we make it back safely. Hmm...Nice story line.

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 01:34:33 am »
Art? what's on your mind?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 09:07:04 am »
Hmm...I'd say there's over 6 decades, practically a lifetime of collected data, learned information, schooling, memories past and present, hundreds of books, stories, tall tales, hobby skills of all kinds, mechanical and woodworking knowledge, gardening, flying, computer, Sci-Fi, music (playing and listening), artwork and umm, sorry, what was the question? Hehehe..... ;D

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 10:14:30 am »
Just think how great it would be if we could pay  a reasonable fee and download into our brain the skills for being a carpenter , etc. etc. and instantly be able to do it .
   Think also how scary it could be that someone  could hack something and cause harm within the same system .

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 04:10:54 pm »
That sure would be a nice thing to be able to do Lightspeed. Unfortunately, I think it would most likely be extremely expensive, leaving it as something for a very select few. If it was available to everyone, just imagine how the world would change. Knowledge is a very powerful thing.  I'd definitely be learning every programming language and all the skills I need for 3d modelling and such!  There are so many things I would love to know how to do...my hunger for gaining knowledge would only increase over time! The only thing holding me back from learning everything I want to know is money, but the new skills and knowledge I will gain will allow me to make money to learn new things!!

Just imagine how your life would be if you knew everything you wanted to know. Just imagine what people with no moral guidelines (criminals, psychopaths, and terrorists) would do with the ability to learn anything they wanted to learn to help them achieve whatever "evil" plan they have concocted. There are a lot of things people should just not know how to do because they would misuse all this incredible knowledge at their fingertips.

So in the end, do we decide what people can learn and if so, who gets to decide this? Some would argue that all sorts of great knowledge is being suppressed by people who deem most of us unworthy of obtaining it.

Still, I would love to have the option to learn that easily.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 08:39:02 pm »
OK...so since you two never saw The Matrix trilogy, I'd strongly suggest you watch it, or at very least, the 1st in the series! You can learn Kung Fu or anything in a matter of a few seconds by uploading...

Nevermind...

Watch the movie and it will all become clear! There's a lot of good symbolism contained in the entire trilogy as well. Some lessons to be learned...or not.

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:09 am »
Haha! I've seen them. Good movies with plenty of things to make one think about.  That's where some of my post came from. There s all sort of books and movies about a time when things like that are a reality. 

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 08:34:31 am »
Art , are you kidding , lol the red pill or the blue ? I am a sci fi fan lol I have seen most movies including the different matrix movies , I was just saying it would be nice to be able to do that , how about the sci fi movie that starts out as a demo for amusement park park roller coaster rider , where the person saw and felt everything the original recorder saw and felt , of course it was abused later with a sexual recording ( I can't remember the name but it was a good movie . )