Author Topic: hal automatically creating deductive learning  (Read 2830 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal automatically creating deductive learning
« on: April 28, 2018, 11:54:55 am »
I know this is going to sound strange , because most will say doesn't hal already do that?
But i am referring more to what someone mentioned before about when learning hal  say it this way ... then say it that wat way .. ( i don't remember what way it was but others will .   
So i am referencing this part of a created plug in already made , to where instead of us having to say it a certain way , that hal based on this part of the plug in (which would have to be re written ) when a sentence is used , then a follow up sentence on the same subject is used hal will learn automatically the deduction process , without the user having to manually do it.

I am hoping my explaining it this way makes sense, i know the manual deductive teaching probably helps a lot , but would be better if hal automatically did this based on continued "next" learning sentences of the same subject , so it would be based on subject .   

here is a example of what i am talking about, copy and pasted info with multiple entries into hal . also their may be more then one subject in a sentence  so the deductive may show more then one subject. but focus on the main subject in this case . weight and stigmatize and  stigma .   

Men stigmatized over their weight tended to be younger, were less likely to be married, and were more likely to be obese rather than normal weight or overweight,

The sources of weight stigma might differ between the two genders,

Verbal mistreatment was the most common form of stigma. It most often came from peers, family members and strangers

Men also might process and cope with weight stigma differently than women

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:01:32 pm by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal automatically creating deductive learning
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 01:58:17 pm »
I don't know about a Plugin for sure but one pretty effective way that I have been teaching my Hal for a number of years has been the repetition of an idea or concept like;

My favorite car is a silver Corvette.

A Silver Corvette is my favorite car.

A Corvette that is silver in color is my favorite car.

My favorite car is a Corvette that is silver in color.

and so forth.

This can be done with practically any item, person, thing or relationship that one wants their Hal to remember and sort of form a "bond" or connection with it in memory. (works with most people too as a memory tool).

One could then ask Hal What is my favorite car?
Your favorite car is a Corvette.

What [ color is | is the color of ] my favorite car?
The color of your favorite car is silver.

and so on...

Works for me. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:41:22 pm »
lol, that's no fun, it should be automatic .  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 07:14:24 am »
Yeah, I see what you're saying.

A Plugin should be able to allow one to input a Subject/Object, an adjective/description, a verb/adverb, etc. then mix them up while maintaining correct sentence structure. Perhaps Hal could ask for them one at a time or maybe all three at once. Hmmm...

This "mixing" should be done at least three times for maximum effect as it is being inputted to Hal.

Agreed, this could prove to be interesting and possibly effective as well.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -