dupa

Author Topic: A book reading question for Hal experts  (Read 3027 times)

zenman

• View Profile
A book reading question for Hal experts
« on: November 05, 2004, 05:38:15 pm »
I tried UltraHal Assistant's text reading function (HalPad).  I had assumed that Hal's lips would move with the text; it seemed like an obvious addition to the program, and thought it would be cute to have a visible book reader.  I was surprised to find out that they don't.  I haven't seen any references to this in the forum; has it ever been discussed?  Has anyone tried to get Hal to read a book (text file) and have the lips move?

Zenman

Rich_A

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 03:46:31 pm »
Hello Zenman,
I agree, it would be really good if the lips moved for any reader function. But I think that if it was possible for a user to make a modification like that it would have already been attempted by now. You can try doing a forum search on the topic by using the forum Search Engine located at the top of the forum page. But I don't recall seeing any discussions or postings on that topic in the recent past. It may also be a modification that can only be implemented by Zabaware and that could be another reason why you don't see it anywhere.
Best Regards,
Rich_A

PS - Thanks for those Haptek characters you posted in the other thread. If you want I can email to you a couple of cool ones like Jay Leno and Worf from Star Trek TNG, and then if you want, you can post those too for whoever else wants them.

zenman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 06:22:37 pm »
Well, maybe it will be available in UltraHal 6.0 (wasn't a program of that name already released?).  

Your welcome for the characters.  Thanks for the offer of others, but I have to confess that my interest tends to lie in female characters.  Must the be male fixation thing.  I've pulled a number of them from the Net, but actually like the ones I created the best (I'm probably biased).

I'll probably create a few more; there isn't a lot of variety you can created with People Putty (and still stick with female characters).  Maybe I'll do a few frogs and cats for variety.