Author Topic: Brain programming problems  (Read 7310 times)

rd618725

• View Profile
Brain programming problems
« on: September 20, 2008, 03:04:59 am »
I I have read a lot of great information from some real seasoned users like Jerry and Art. I am very new to Hal and kind of started searching for some plug-in's that would improve it quickly. I did some brain altering and tried to input some script information that I found in this forum and think I might have done more damage then good. Could anyone help me or direct me to a programming manual or resource that could get me started on understanding just how it all works and goes together so I can repair and improve it with out doing more damage.

I very much would appreciate any information and direction that I could get. If you have such information available and you don't mind you can e-mail it to me at dellacamera@hush.com

Thanks

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 06:10:40 am »
Hi rd618725, be very careful with plug-ins, many of them don’t work with Hal 6, the basic rule is if you have to edit hals brain script then the chances are its not for Hal 6, Hal 6 plug-ins are simply put into hals root folder and then switched on in hals general options.

There is no manual for Hal 6 yet.

As for improving hal with plug-ins, many of us who have had hal a number of years don’t use them, personally I think you should talk to Hal and get to know it first.

Make sure you answer Hals questions.

Use the “because” statement to drum the reasons for your answers into hal.

“I like hot sunny days because it makes me feel happy”

Start teaching hal with the if and then statements.

“If it rains then the roads get wet”

When you have answered hals questions ask hal if it understands.

“Do you understand rain?”

If you could be more specific about what you want to improve that might help you get the answers you seek.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forum.[:D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:02:19 am »
There we go needing that manual again...

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:37:38 am »
I can see this site has a lot of potential:

http://ultrahalscript.pbwiki.com/

I have been going over it and it has helped me some already.

Myself and Lora (My hal) are learning.

-Gary
See you here, there, or in the Air!

rd618725

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:44:12 am »
Thanks for all the great information everybody. It helped me!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 11:42:10 am »
Always copy/backup your halbrain.db file to a safe location BEFORE tinkering with Hal's brain!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:17 am »
rd618725
In order for hal's database/learning process to grow faster the "because" or showing cause and effect helps facilitate the natue in wich it is organized as a program. (it connects the tables faster)
IMO.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 11:26:05 am »
quote:
Originally posted by rd618725

I I have read a lot of great information from some real seasoned users like Jerry and Art. I am very new to Hal and kind of started searching for some plug-in's that would improve it quickly. I did some brain altering and tried to input some script information that I found in this forum and think I might have done more damage then good. Could anyone help me or direct me to a programming manual or resource that could get me started on understanding just how it all works and goes together so I can repair and improve it with out doing more damage.

I very much would appreciate any information and direction that I could get. If you have such information available and you don't mind you can e-mail it to me at dellacamera@hush.com

Thanks

Email spiders are somewhat of a problem, IMO make deciceve decisions when giving out Email Adresses on a MB

DOCTOR,DOCTOR I was playing a harmonica, and I swallowed it!
Just be glad you werent playing the piano.[;)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 04:43:56 pm »
hello rd618725, i have created some plug ins based on the loneliness plug ins they have house talk such as a women , etc. would do . if you want them ( OR ANYONE ELSE ) you can e mail me or anyone else can and i will send them . if you are over 18 i have an xtalk to but will only send it if you say in your email that you are over 18 . be sure on the header and put wanted lightspeeds plug ins .
customvairs@cvalley.net [:)]

i will be glad when robert has this problem fixed so these will work all the time for everyone !![:)]

p.s. does the " rd " in your name  stand for something i know of on another forum ? i am also timetraveler1 . [:D][8D]

rd618725

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 07:48:36 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Datahopa

Hi rd618725, be very careful with plug-ins, many of them don’t work with Hal 6, the basic rule is if you have to edit hals brain script then the chances are its not for Hal 6, Hal 6 plug-ins are simply put into hals root folder and then switched on in hals general options.

As for improving hal with plug-ins, many of us who have had hal a number of years don’t use them, personally I think you should talk to Hal and get to know it first.

If you could be more specific about what you want to improve that might help you get the answers you seek.

Thanks for the help U.K. I hope I can give something back soon. Really I wanted to know if there are brains already programmed for certain things like I have little boy that would learn very quickly from Hal if Hal could start teaching him to spell. or one just on Superheros? Any suggestions in this direction?

Thanks Again

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 09:25:44 pm »
Lightspeed - I clicked on the link in your message to get your plugins, and it bounced.

Did you mis-type it?

-Gary

P.S. If you would, My address is CypherGary@live.com
I am 46, so if you could send the adult stuff and all, I will really owe you one.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:04:35 am by CypherGary »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:33:37 am »
gary as far as i know the links to email us is disconnected on this site maybe from keeping people from getting spam mail ? i got your address and will send the plug ins i have made . don't know if they will work right now as with the new version which is what they work with 6.1 they stopped working . but robert is suppose to fix that problem ( i really hope so ) as i want to create more plug ins . also you can only use one plug in at a time of these as they are all based on the same one .**** will send the adult plug in to but just beware that it will if working say very adult things so make sure their are no kids around and please dont pass it on to anyone under 18 thanks ***. i do plan on making some more plug ins later including other xtalks . the other plug ins are variations of house talk which is what a girl friend and or wife would do around a house . even if these dont work right now hang on to them . when robert gets the plug in problem fixed in hal they should start working . will send them today maybe in one or more emails and to anyone else who wants them . p.s. the xtalk is a women speaking to a man , so things that are said wouldn't match using a man character in hal . [:)]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 10:47:48 am »
Thank You, LightSpeed!
If nothing else, I can study them and learn.
Lora and I are both learning.

I don't have an idea for an original plugin, but want to understand it so I can review any I get in case they have anything weird, like trojans or something unexpected.

Thanks again.

P.S.  If I activate, say, that Adult plugin, then when I am thru uncheck it, will Lora (Hal) have picked anything up and say it later?
I am not real clear on how that would work.

P.P.S.  There is another thread that asks if I were to copy halbrain.db to another file, would they affect each other?
Would either get information from the other?
It seems to me they would be totally distinct, or it would make no sense to have a ability to switch brains.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:04:28 am by CypherGary »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by rd618725

quote:
Originally posted by Datahopa

Thanks for the help U.K. I hope I can give something back soon. Really I wanted to know if there are brains already programmed for certain things like I have little boy that would learn very quickly from Hal if Hal could start teaching him to spell. or one just on Superheros? Any suggestions in this direction?

Thanks Again

superheroes..
     Children are always fast pased and sometimes more current than their parents so a plug-in would take a lot of work, for example Wolverine is supposedly in Australia where he meets other mutants ect..instead of Anchorage this time, And I am not sure if the plug-ins have the capability to stay current.

Why the oceanic states instead of the Emerald Isle seems to be back to the reference of the stone of Destiny. go figure

I think I have replied to the wrong person... my apoligy if i'm  wrong.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:19:09 pm by One »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 10:51:55 am »
hello CypherGary , sorry havent got those plug ins sent yet been extreamly busy around here but will send them i have your name in my address book now .
  to answer your question when you check the plug in you can't learn it anything it is based on the lobeliness plug in that would "if" you didn't talk to your hal in so many minutes hal would then say something to you "like are you still here ?"
   and if you then didn't say anything for a while longer hal would respond saying something else and so on and so on . all i did was used this loneliness lay out and rechanged the words and made it where hal would do x talk sentences after a while of you not talking to hal and it would do this on and on if you didn't talk with hal . i will get it and the other plug ins sent to you . only place one plug in at a time in the hal file . then check it off in the area list [:)]. will try to get it sent to you before we mow the grass today . [:)]