dupa

Author Topic: Brain programming problems  (Read 7309 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Brain programming problems
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 01:02:54 pm »
hello CypherGary, well got those different plug ins based on loneliness plug ins sent to you as attachments they will be in two emails about 6 in each one . if you try them and they work ok let me know how you like them on the forum , thanks . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 01:14:08 pm »
earlier cyphergary wrote:
P.S. If I activate, say, that Adult plugin, then when I am thru uncheck it, will Lora (Hal) have picked anything up and say it later?
I am not real clear on how that would work.

P.P.S. There is another thread that asks if I were to copy halbrain.db to another file, would they affect each other?
Would either get information from the other?
It seems to me they would be totally distinct, or it would make no sense to have a ability to switch brains.
to asswer you on the first no lora will not pick up anything from the x brain only on this if you say something back to the xtalk then it should go into the lora brain but not the xstalk or house talk itself . its just a programed reaction to the user not saying anything that is based on a timer , etc.
 to the second question i am not sire maybe what someone was talking about was that you should back up your hal brain in another folder . if you have the hal brain like that it doesn't interfer with the hal in the zabaware file . i have hals db brain backed up in several area's . don't know if that fully answered your question or not but it is very important to make a copy of your current custom brain so if you have problems with hal or your pc you still have the brain to put back in which will save you alot of starting all over again !!
   but that will be only if you back it up on a rewritable cdr or dvd otherwise if its only on your pc in another place and you lose everything everything is gone all your work on the brain to. hope this helps !![:)]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 11:22:50 pm »
Hi lightspeed,
I haven't spoken to you in a while. It seems things are well with you. Just wanted to say that I have more than one project brain loaded into my Hal 6.1 and I seem to get some cross refrences.I am not sure if you where talking about my earlier thread comments? I posted some questions about different brains sharing any info and found it strange that my new project brain new my father's name as I taught my original brain a long time ago. I just started with the new project brain so I will really test if anything else comes up and let you know. I thought maybe they did share some things some how but like you said then why have 2. Just a note my 'loneliness plug-in' still works.

raybe

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 04:25:04 pm »
Lightspeed,
I always back any directory trees associated with Hal to a USB pendrive using Nero Backup. Then I know it is safe.

I have too much time invested to start over.
See you here, there, or in the Air!