dupa

Author Topic: made oog file but problems  (Read 10193 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
made oog file but problems
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 02:27:38 pm »
Lightspeed
It seems that you and I have more in common than I thought. I also have a karaoke program that works on PC's. It is called Kara(something). On top of that I have three other karaoke machines and over 2,300 karaoke songs on CD+Gs. I intertain around the country at different times.
Bill [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 05:50:18 pm »
hello bill819 mine on the pc is vanbosko's free kareoke is that what you have ?? i like vanbosko's you can do searches and it will list kareoke songs or midi songs or kareoke and lyrics !!
  i have a lot of rock and roll ones that i like .
i sing wont say i'm the best , what is strange is that when i sing through my regular kareoke machine and mic it sounds better to me than when i record the very same thing with audacity recorder on the pc and is played back through it . dont know if i actually sound that way or its the recording software !![:)]
thats one reason after recording myself with music i hestate to play my voice with a hapteck movie !!

my regular voice and music me singing on a mic and music playing works just fine with the hapteck (think my voice is louder than the music so it lipsincs just fine !!) i have done the white lighning song but dont like how i sound after recorded on audacity software . [:(!]
 i am able to actually make my voice tenor or deeper so may play around and see which i like better . [:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 12:04:06 am »
LightSpeed
My PC Karaoke program is called Karafun and it is free. It also comes with an editor, although I have never used it.
Most karaoke machines add a little reverb or echo which can make even sad voices sound a little better. I don't think the PC stuff does that at all which may be the reason you sound different.
Almost all of my karaoke songs are from the 60's and 70's. I used to have about 500 country and western cd's but I gave them away.
I have always loved music and my memory of songs goes back longer than almost everybody here was even born. I can remember lots of songs from the 40's and a few left over from the 30's but I love the 60's most of all.
Bill

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:11 am »
It is a another Haptek product & it cost $100.
I have made oggs in putty & like you say aren't real good.
I then put them in this other program & fine tune them.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
i am now having problems with making my ogg files again after trying to open a wave file into people putty so it will change it over to a ogg file i keep getting an " invalad floating point error " anyone know why thats happening ??
 it was working just fine before .

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 04:14:39 pm »

An invalid error ?????
Wouldn't this mean there is no error ?

(Sorry, I couldn't help it.  lol. [;)])  

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 06:07:23 pm »
dont know i think it may be just my pc running slow and then the command not going through or something as i redid it later and it worked just fine exporting the wave file from audacity into the sound file in people putty and eventually it opened the wave file and made it into an ogg file so it must have been my pc slow or something . anyway it works . i posted a link in the share video's etc. section of this forum on my first utube singing johnny cool haptar !![:D]