dupa

Author Topic: slow movement plug in ?? can it be made ??  (Read 10150 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
slow movement plug in ?? can it be made ??
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 09:08:04 pm »
lightspeed,
  I downloaded the Hap Explorer from AI Dreams, had to install net framework 3.5, before installing the Hap Explorer. Just finished putting body_female in it. It has a tab for the switches which can be used, I noticed there are different Walks, from a very fast like a run, to a med speed, and a slow hip moving speed.  You should take a look at it.
Carl2

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 03:16:51 pm »
It looks like Haptek, (realizing the complexities of putting together even a short fluid movement sequence), made several single commands that trigger movements that would take hundreds of lines of code to create from scratch... although I must say that I've never run into any program before where finding all the documentation of everything available is so difficult as with Haptek... and I've purchased several of Haptek's programs.   If someone wants to create original movements, the only way I know is to do it like any other animation, pick a frame rate and make the moves one command at a time.  Here's an example of what I'm talking about using a 15 frames per second script, divide the clock into 15 parts per second...

clock 0.06667
- move left wrist 1 points in
- move head right 1 point

clock 0.1334

clock 0.2001

so on and so on, until you get through to clock 1.0, that would be your first 15 frames for 1 second of motion.  Needless to say, you could have 10's or hundreds of lines in each 1 second, depending on how much action there is... SO... not many would want to go through the trouble of doing this type of animation, BUT... the good part is that once it's done, it's done... if we had several people doing these sort of custom animations it would make it worth while for all.  Even better... someone to build a program that would allow you to record the movements in the player as the character was being move around manually (by mouse), and would write the code for you.
Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »
Jake,
  Here is some coding from Haptek body_female  3,500KB, opened in notepad:

#--STATE ID:  4--
StateProbability= 1.00

StateName=                   LeanFor3
   NextState=                   0
   MinPeriod=                   1.50
   MaxPeriod=                   1.50
   DecayTime=                   1.50
   AttackTime=                  1.50
   MaxAttack=                   0.25
   MaxDecay=                    0.25
   StateProbability=            1.00
   Rate=                        1.00
   Interruptible=               0
   ProximityDistance=           0.00

ParameterIntensity=        0.1571
   Parameter=                   TorsoBow

ParameterIntensity=        0.0349
   Parameter=                   TorsoTwist

ParameterIntensity=        -0.1396
   Parameter=                   TorsoSidebend

ParameterIntensity=        0.0873
   Parameter=                   LElbowBendJoint

ParameterIntensity=        0.0524
   Parameter=                   RElbowBendJoint

ParameterIntensity=        -0.0436
   Parameter=                   LShoTwist

ParameterIntensity=        0.0175
   Parameter=                   RShoTwist

ParameterIntensity=        -0.2094
   Parameter=                   NeckForward

Parameter=                   LClavicalUp

ParameterIntensity=        -0.1396
   Parameter=                   RClavicalUp

ParameterIntensity=        0.0175
   Parameter=                   RShoOut

Parameter=                   LShoOut

ParameterIntensity=        0.0698
   Parameter=                   LShoForward

ParameterIntensity=        0.1222
   Parameter=                   RShoForward

}
  I think leanFor3 is lean forward #3, not sure about all the parameters and settings but by looking at several different might give you an idea of how it works.
  The clock is another way but each body part must have the right name (to make it move) and amount of movement (to avoid jerkyness)
There is also something about I want this to move from here to here in t amount of time.
Carl2

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 10:26:11 pm »
yep... my example in my post above was not intended to show real commands... just the concept of the 15 frames per second animation that you'd need to apply to routines to make them smooth.

I use the "t amount of time" parameter when it works...  however, a significant number of commands don't seem to be affected by the "T" parameter.

I guess the bottom line to what I'm ranting about here is that, if you want to have your character do more movement, there are many built-in commands that execute a sequence of movements, such as "the finger", "shake boobs", "sexy walk", etc.,  But then you get what is available in that command, some have a little adjustment, some seem to be "as is".  If you want the character to do specific things, at a specific rate, you have to do it line by line in an animated format, similar to a 15 frames per second thing.

But wait... there's more... add to all of that, that the interface seems to be less dependable the more you throw at it, so I've also found that I have better luck by keeping the routines small and for one purpose, then link the ones that I want in sequence.  An example of this is the built in command "The Finger" does not work on some of the full body haptars I have, but someone built a NEW "The Finger" and did it line by line, move the arm, wrist fingers, etc., to get the motion, and it works on ALL my haptars with arms.

Actually... because the Haptek documentation seems to be such a closely guarded secret, like HAL, I'm considering just going another way.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:24:49 pm by Jake »

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 07:41:24 am »

Hello Jake! If you're interested in watching something using the method Freddy is talking about (above), I made a little skit (Haptek characters moving in a html/javascript page):

http://zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5875

Please reload the page after a while (when all the files are downloaded).

10 pics only, running in a 1.8 sec loop.

And here are the explanation and the pics:

http://zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5877

I guess it's possible to do this (and better, lol) in Hal's window.[?]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 07:45:43 am »
Jake,
  I'll mention again the Hap explorer from AI Dreams, it searches the characters files and lists all of the switches.  I originly choose fullbody because of the larger number of movement haps that worked with her but latter found the haps work with body_female if you change the heading.  
  Glad to see someone else is interested in the same subject, I tried the hap explorer again and there are definatly different speeds for walking.
Carl2

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 10:13:05 am »

Oops, forgot to answer about lightspeed's initial question. With some hap files, it's possible to adjust their speed (and play with different parameters).

http://www.haptek.com/developers/HaptekGuide4/HaptekHyperText/htref/html/commands/SetTape.html

It's what I did for the skit above. You can read in the html code:

\SetTape [figure= numberOne tape= swd.hap f2= 0.7 i0=7]
\SetTape [figure= numberTwo tape= swd.hap f2= 0.7 i0=7]

Just an explanation about swd.hap: http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/swd.hap

It's an amazing huge dance hap, originally named santa_walkendance101.hap (or santa_strut1.hap). Compressed (unreadable). 325 KB!! With a lot of movement anomalies. But great! Made by a Haptek programmer in the Golden Age (wasn't born, lol).

The SetTape command is interesting when you need to match the dance to the music, and/or adjust the dance to the skit's duration. Give a try with some of your other haps, never sure it works but it's worth it.

Dunno how Hal works. So dunno if it could be useful here. Sorry.[:D]

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 05:51:03 pm »
Thanks for all the great info!!  Zabaware has a great forum community!

On "Hap explorer from AI Dreams", YEP... this is a MUST HAVE for anyone that is looking for commands for Haptek characters... Freddy did a great job!  Thanks Feddy! [:D]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 08:26:28 am »
Jake,
  Glad you like it, I"ve already added some body noise with Bod_female so the head dosen't sit on a stiff body.  Still doing work on the gravity on the breasts, it involves opening the uncompressed files found in the Haptek temp folder, making changes then loading the uncompressed folders. Freddy made a real good program with lots of useful features.
GT40
  Never tried the Set Tape, saw it and thought of the large tape used with a Digital Equipment computer in the 70's. I should give it a try since there are many times you'd like to use a slower moving hap.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 08:37:07 am »
GT40,
  Visited the website, I'm wondering why you are using heads instead of Fullbody or Body_Female.  Don't mean to be critical since I know you did a lot of work to get the site up. Good luck with it.
Carl2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 09:13:35 am »
Thanks for the kind words guys, you made my day.  Glad to be of service [:D]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 10:39:40 am »

Many thanks Carl, for having visited my humble site. My only goal was to bring a tiny smile on the lips of people who watch my little jokes. Nothing usefull at all (especially for UltraHal, lol). Just for fun, in this cruel world.[:)]

No, I think I used few heads in my skits. Of course the choice of characters depends of what I want to do with.

1- Heads are perfect for close-ups, torsos are the best when legs don't need to be seen (like in "Learning English With CNN") and bodies are better in dancing movies, although heads and torsos often walk and dance in my skits.[:D]

2- I always prefered torsos since I fell in love with Lola, the goddess of Haptek Corporate. Then I used her in a lot of skits, bots and unshowable very-private stuffs. And I must admit that I really hate all the body characters made by Haptek. Wondering who was their models when they made those things. Our dear skin makers hopefully improved her a lot. Thanks to them.[8D]

3- Another big technical reason for using torsos: my computer. 95 % of my stuffs were created with a Celeron400, a Voodoo3 card and Windows98! I just got a PentiumIV with XP some months ago. As you can see, most of my skits use several characters in the Haptek window. No problem with 2, 3, 4 or 5 torsos. But 2 bodies are unplayable with such a prehistorical PC. Heads and torsos use few resources, not like fullbodies. No problem: I LOVE torsos.[:D]

Oh, about the changing speed with SetTape, you can see an example (and play with) in "A Jukebox For Haptek Gals".

Thanks again Carl.

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 12:13:13 pm »
GT40... I went to your website... it was very entertaining and educational... Thanks for making it!

On a related subject... I have to say, (yes, I do), that I have gotten more good, usable information from you guys in the past few weeks than I've gotten from Haptek in the last couple years.  After purchasing several of their programs above and beyond the Putty stuff and posting several posts on their forum AND doing several email inquires with them, I thought I would get the needed tools, documentation and examples to do some nice stuff, possibly even come out with one or more commercial products that they could have made some money from... BUT NO... so THANKS again for all the great INFO over the past few weeks, I now have MORE than enough to go forward.

Thanks GT40!
Thanks Freddy!
Thanks Carl2!
Thanks AI Dreams!
Thanks Zabaware!
And THANKS to all the others on both forums!

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 01:46:34 pm »
Looks like we did a good job then [:D]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 02:23:22 pm »

Many thanks for your kind words, Jake.[:I]

Like you, I must thank the boss of this site. Who tolerates people like me. 1390 posts: nothing really useful to Hal users. A shame.[:o)]

And about Haptek, no comment.[:D]