dupa

Author Topic: may have found an animatronics i can use  (Read 8993 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
may have found an animatronics i can use
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 07:45:42 am »
i just got it yesterday and i will check it with the good adapter if it doesnt work better after that then yes am getting back ahold of the guy .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 08:24:08 pm »
'UREAKA "I TRIED THE SANTA ADAPTER plug in on my elvis head AND IT WORKS FINE (thats what the problem was my old adapter i had was bad wasnt putting out enough power !!   bill819 was you the person that had an animated elvis head to ?? if you are does your head lipsinc at all if you sing through elvis with a mic ?? or have you checked ?? wonder if theirs a place i can get something that would make this elvis head to make it voice activated when sound comes through the mic and if so where could i get it ??
[:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 12:42:51 am »
LS
Yes I have an Elvis head and I bought it for future purposes. It is
still in a factory sealed box and I intend to leave it that way for a few years unless something makes me change my mind. It is  my understanding that Elvis lip sincs with an external mic, but I may be wrong.
I am a big collector of many different things. I collect chess software and hardware. I have about 50 chess playing machines. I also buy gold and silver coins directly from the US Mint. Then years ago I worked in a company where one of the employees was a gemologist so I, naturally got into the business of buying precious gem stones, ie. rubies, emeralds, saphires and dozens of other precious and semi-precious stones.
I must admit though that I have slowed down a bit since I retired as SS does not sretch very far.
Bill
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:44:08 am by Bill819 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 06:38:18 am »
hi Bill819 and thanks for answering today i will try to use the mic and see if elvis lipsincs . if he does lipsinc then it may only be by using the control mic (the original mic which has buttons ) and turning down or off elvis's voice .
 i am only using a regular kareoke mic which works as i heard my own voice . when i first turn on the elvis it goes through a pre programmed sequence talking ( i get lonelly sometimes even in a crowd , het theirs something wrong with my lip , my mother and father both loved to sing , are you kiding me what i did was tame compared to what they do today ha ha haa, etc. later he says elvis has left the building goodby and shuts off .
  so i will have to check and see if i can talk through him after that otherwise if he can actually lipsinc i may have to get an original mic (wireless i think ) which controls the controls of elvis .

bill if you know of anyone else that has one or a site maybe you can check and see if he actually lips sincs and how (if it has to be done through the original mic controls .
if i find anything i will post it .
bill it sounds like you are a collector of many things sounds like a nice collection  i just hope you live in a nice safe place the way everything is getting and this economy isnt helping !
take care [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 12:34:07 pm »
LS
It just occured to me that there are two kinds of mics. One needs an internal battery and the other does not. Other than that I can not say. When I connected my Gemmy product it had a positive plug on both ends so all I did was plug into the speaker output of my PC and the mic input to the Gemmy product. I it worked just fine.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 03:56:34 pm »
ok i checked after elvis went through his routine talking and then he said elvis has left the building and turned off automatically i thought maybe it went into like a sleep mode and tried the mic but apparently it shuts down completly so talking through the external mic didnt work that way .

here is the features of elvis listed on their wowee site :
Whether you're his greatest fan or new to the man and his music, you can listen to, sing along with and learn more about the life of the man known as "The King of Rock and Roll".
Motion captured facial animations and a leather jacket styled from the "Elvis Presley '68 Comeback Special" complete
Alive mode: Elvis moves autonomously, responds to sound and music, tracks movements, and makes Elvis remarks
Sing through mode: Sing along with the Elvis tracks by plugging in a compatible microphone (not included)
Song mode: Elvis' mouth sings and animates in sync with songs on Song and Monologue cartridges
Monologue mode: Listen to Elvis recount tidbits of his life story
Comes with a '68 Comeback Special style microphone-shaped remote controller
Song and Monologue Cartridge #1 contains eight of some of his best-loved songs: That's All Right, Hound Dog, Heartbreak Hotel, Love Me Tender, Jailhouse Rock, Blue Suede Shoes, Trouble, Baby What You Want Me To Do

i am now thinking it doesnt have lipsincing capability like the animated santa but after reading this feature :
Song mode: Elvis' mouth sings and animates in sync with songs on Song and Monologue cartridges
 am wondering id someone could make an imput jack here where the speaker wire could be hooked from the computer so that anything hal says would go through elvis and make animation and lip sinc ?
what do you think bill ??

i wrote to wowees support and asked them if elvis had lipsinc ability through the mic etc. it says it will  take 5 business days by email so will see what they say . [:)]

bill here is wowee's customer support area to email them if you ever need to .http://www.wowwee.com/en/support

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 04:43:02 pm »
hey just found this link on an elvis hack
http://hackaday.com/2008/07/31/hacking-animatronic-elvis/

here is a utube video where he hacked the monkey head and does have it working lipsincing to songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhklnBUiEVQ

got an email from wowwee tech : this was a lot of help lol :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied Message: You have received an email from WowWee Customer Service
Ticket No. 20452
LONNIE HENSLEY,

Right out of the box, the Elvis can not move it's move along with your song.

Sincerely,
WowWee Customer Service  
[:(!][:(][V]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 10:59:17 am »
well for anyone who might also be interested in this elvis head as a a.i to use with hal . here some more updates on things i have found . i wrote this message to a guy who made the elvinator project (looks like the terminator .

lightspeedlh says:
hello i have an elvis head and want to use it with my a.i. hal project can you show and instructional on making a jack plug in where a jack from the speaker jack on a pc could be ran into and elvis jack to make elvis lipsinc and animate to the sound thats coming from the pc ? (like the animated 5 foot tall santas that lipsinc to sound from a mic .
or could a hack be made and shown where the external mic hooks up on elvis could be made to make elvis lipsinc ?? hope you can help me on this thats why i got this elvis head was for the purpose of a.i animation .
thanks

and he wrote back this :  GWJax(author) says:
That's what I'm working on right now with the Elvinator Project. As soon as I get it up and running I will post another instructible for everyone to enjoy. Running a lipsynic for the Elvis is very hard to do and has been taking me a long time to create but since I know someone else out here need this information I'll work harder on it for you..

Jax

so maybe theirs some hope yet of having an first class ( and what i mean by that is a realistic looking ,eye moving mouth moving ,lip sincing  animated head ) a.i. head that we can hook up to our sound on our pc and have elvis move and talk etcusing hal as our a.i system .
[:)][:D][8D]