dupa

Author Topic: is this the next pc os taking over for vista ?  (Read 9491 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
is this the next pc os taking over for vista ?
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »
here is a link is this suppose to be whats relacing vista on future computers ??
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2347652,00.asp

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:19:53 pm »
Yes it is the newest version from Microsoft. Thet have tried to get me to upgrade several times already but I won't go for it.
The last laptop that I bought contained Vista and I don't like it even one little bit so I went looking for something else.
I found a duo core laptop with XP operating system so it is not my preferred laptop and computer that I use all the time.
I also belong to several other web sites and they are talking about Windows 7 and Sooner or later I will be able to supply the user here with more information about the new (7)
Bill

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:41:40 pm »
I tried it too, but no good. Only ran 1/3 of the time. Wouldn't start up right. I'll wait for the bugs to get out of it.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:21:51 am »
Windows 7 works great for me. [:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:40:44 am »
Jack, depends which version you tried.
If it was the beta, yes I had trouble with it also.
But now with the release candidate, no worries.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:05:45 am »
I tried the Beta briefly and quite liked it.  Didn't notice any issues but I didn't use it much to be fair.  Overall I think it looks good and I will probably get it.  I've heard XP programs work better on it than Vista.  Vista sounded poor from a lot I have read, but more people seem to be taken with 7.  I'm glad I never wasted any money on Vista - I couldn't really see the need as XP works fine.  Eventually I will probably get 7 though but not for a while yet.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 09:05:59 am »
ok admit it markofkane you actually work for microsoft dont you ??? your not fooling us any lol ! didnt i see you on that "and i'm a pc to " commercial ? lol just kidding ![:D]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 04:13:24 pm »
No. I like fooling around with linux. But Windows 7 is faster than Vista for me.[8D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 04:18:35 am »

Hi,
i'm using XP as its the first operating system that i find works for me, the others i've had were just a big "DOH!" .
i've not tryed vista and am not really interested to.
why would i change to something when for the first time i can get my pc to keep going,
  "do you think my pc is suddenly going to get sent a virus as soon as i post this".

i'm thinking surely its a good idea to have some stable ground to work from in these times, don't we need some system we all know and can allow some work to get done.  
perhaps i see XP like the 98 used to be the minimum and everyone could fall back on if the new thing fell over.

i have said before that i'm sticking with XP for probably the next five years, everyone i know bar a few use XP.
its a operating system that finally works ok from my point of view, uh the thought of experimenting with untested systems and for what, so we can use the programs we already have.
 I respect Microsoft and the work they have done and i do admire Mr Gates for starting from small.
i'm still small, um , ok i'm almost up to being small, [:D]
Mr Data is what i'm using my pc for and when he is learning and working he does not need fixing.

Thank you,
Bye for now and be well  :)   :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:49:29 am »
I tend to agree Will.  I am perfectly happy with XP, it does everything I need it to and a lot I probably haven't heard of yet.  I think I will give it a year or two before I seriously consider 'upgrading' to W7.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 09:16:31 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jackgephart

I tried it too, but no good. Only ran 1/3 of the time. Wouldn't start up right. I'll wait for the bugs to get out of it.

windows 7 is the best operating system yet! pre order for a cheep buy. its worth it definatly, has xp virtual pc thrown in.... make sure you upgrade mother board and processor to amd-v intel-v mboard with hardware asststed virtulization... im running 64bit... smooth as a baby!

THE Windows 7 RC2 all the way back to beta. Has been a smooth run....
1. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. - Hardware assisted virtulization - Multi-core processor With Hyperthredding Technology
2. It requires less RAM Than the previous Vista memory hungry machine... Resource intensive Vista.... Windows 7 activates less memory resident resources....
3. Professional + is required. Home Editions "JUST DONT CUT THE MUSTARD" - missing important KEY Services.
4. Windows 7 Comes with XP MODE FREE VIRTUAL PC - now RUN SEAMLESS APLICATIONS- Install HAL HERE for Best results - Actually Install Most programs here for compatibility.... a free Windows Xp sp3.
5. if you really love vista - Quickly go out and buy one and microsoft will GIVE you a windows 7 equivilent FREE....

I cant say more, lol, I CAN... But well you have to decide....IS REALLY WORTH IT THIS TIME.... Get it early for the CHEEPEST PRICES. Microsoft will put the prices back up after OCTOBER 22-30th.

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 09:23:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

I tend to agree Will.  I am perfectly happy with XP, it does everything I need it to and a lot I probably haven't heard of yet.  I think I will give it a year or two before I seriously consider 'upgrading' to W7.

DON'T SAY THAT.....
Buy the vista ultimate upgrade QUICK.... ON PRE.... YOU GET A FREE windows 7 AS WELL.... Windows 7 Comes with a Free XP SP3 Virtual hard disk FULLY INSTALLED AND ACTIVATED....
XP applications when installed in the xp mode (VPC), their short cuts are also installed into you WINDOWS 7 Start menu, when you run the app, you get the choice Rn Just app SEAMLESS or load Whole Virtual PC.... It also Associates all relevent files with the installed xp app. ie DivX files for DIVX player, even when double clicking the file it opens in the XP APP....

Now is the best time to get it, Buy the time you wait you will be... way in the past....... this edition of windows can take a full 16gb ram

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 04:57:25 pm »
Thanks Spydaz I am happy to hear your enthusiasm on this. [:D]

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 02:55:39 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Thanks Spydaz I am happy to hear your enthusiasm on this. [:D]

In england its only £49! - home premium - £99 Professional
Even cheeper some places!

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 07:01:23 am »
Where can you get professional for £99 ?

So far I only found it on Amazon for £180...

Cheers.