Author Topic: face to full body intregation  (Read 8625 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
face to full body intregation
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 07:20:40 am »
Yay, it's slag off Haptek time again !  It's been too long.  But seriously that email from Haptek is interesting, I wonder what an 'entertainment piece' is ?

Also; 'many users think that that software should be free.'  Yes that's true, an awful lot of people think it should be free, that's Open Source for you and it's not a bad thing at all.

They spent millions on developing Haptek ?  I find that hard to believe it would cost that much.  It's a shame they lost money though and that explains the current problems.  It's easy to be wise after the event I guess, but everyone I meet who has an opinion on the subject think Haptek just cannot market something to save their lives.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 02:37:22 pm »

Yes amazing but not surprising reply from Haptek. At least sincere, we never knew anything about their real professional activities. And it's not our problem if they are bad at marketing.[:D]

The way you all, guys and girls of this forum, have hijacked this technology is fantastic. During the last five years, you have reinvented that thing for your own use. The company may die, hobbyists will survive but... what about new ones?

Maybe most of you here discovered Haptek with UltraHal. But some years ago, anyone with Windows 98 (and then XP) was still able to watch tons of Haptek stuffs embedded in webpages. After loading the plugin, they could immediately enter another dimension.

I becomed addicted like that, after falling in love with the Lola from Haptek, and then trying to understand how all this was working. Like Pandorabots (just take a look at The Chatterbot Collection, at Ai Dreams) and lots of other sites with Haptek characters.

Now, when people try to play Haptek webpages with Vista, they see nothing and don't try to go further. Of course it can work, but if they really want it. And if they never heard about Haptek, they have no reason to waste time with that.

It seems that now, only people trying the demo version of UltraHal are able to see for the first time a Haptek character. And it's a frog, or a TV.[:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 03:00:02 pm »
You're right GT. I stumbled across Haptek when I still had Windows 98, wow that long ago, and I loved the first PC program that Haptek made called Virtual Friend. I wasn't lonely and needed a friend, I was just awed by 3D models and at $24.95 I could finally afford to play with that stuff. Unfortunately, the program sucked and was more limited that Putty, but it got me loving 3D more and I got the bug. Then I got a better computer and it had XP, boom VFriend stopped working. I finally got the nerve to question this and got nowhere, so I bought People Putty. Even if Haptek dies and no one plays with it anymore, I will still have a good feeling in my heart for the program. I wish that I could get them to do more so it wouldn't die, but...

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 06:06:02 pm »

I stumbled across Haptek when I discovered Hal.
I fixed up a gal at the git-go and still using her today.
Yup, Sandee.  
These forum pages have hundreds of her pictures.
She's been encouragment to me to work and play with Hal program and I hope she's been inspiration to others.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 04:23:36 am »
Duskrider, I'm glad you stumbled across Haptek, because your programing skills have brought Sandee, and all of our full body girls to life for us. As well as the text for the shirts, backgrounds, and other great things that makes this Haptek stuff not so boring. Thanks and I hope that you, like I, stick with this Haptek mess for as long as we can.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 10:32:32 am »
jack i second the motion about you and duskrider , long live the innovators and their talents !![:D]