dupa

Author Topic: Hi I'm new is there room for me?  (Read 7213 times)

bakersdozen

• View Profile
Hi I'm new is there room for me?
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:46:45 pm »
Hi, my name is Jim Baker, not the evangelizer, and I am new to this forum. I have People Putty and hope to get to be able to use it in the right way soon. This program is very limited! There are some good artists on this forum, and I'm wondering how you guys can shape the heads so good? Is there any sites still out there to download heads that are already made so I can figure them out better? Thanks!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:09:20 pm »
wecome jim baker , its probably a good thing you clarified that name otherwise lol hard telling many might have wanted they money refunded !!
 some are good about making heads the best thing i can tell you is practice practice practice .. and take others advice on technics etc.
 you'll get better over time .  

some other people will list websites to get free heads that they have and body skins etc. their is some already posted on this site to .
[:)][:D][8D]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 02:37:08 pm »
Welcome Jim. Try a search. I found some useful faces by doing a yahoo search for female faces.[:)] Here is one I found there called Mean Woman.

Hair and eyes by Nige. Denim shirt sent to me from Dusky and Davyized by me. The textured body is my third and best try yet on a model sent to me by Nige. It is rather pinkish and it takes a while to change color and hue to match the head.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:48:03 pm by tedathome »
ted

bakersdozen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Since we are comparing heads I'd like to show you one that I did a couple weeks ago. It is my nephew Phillip and he's in Idaho at a canyon named Phillips Canyon. I don't know how to get the actual head on this forum, but here is the skin and the picture of the finished product:

How could I get the head to come up on here? It's 2MB.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:21:41 pm »
Very well done. A little tip- if you rotate the head straight up and down and looking straight at the camera you will have even better results. I do this in paint.net. It is a free program and is user-frendly.[8D]
ted

bakersdozen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 05:48:07 pm »
What do you mean straight up and down? The picture or head? Also, can anyone tell me a good place to put this stuff? I don't think this forum will let you upload crap, will it? I mean heads. I just hope I don't offend anyone.[:I]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:48:40 pm by bakersdozen »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »

Jim,
I use Photobucket.
It's free.
It will let you put your picture here linked from photobucket like this:

Or you can put a link to the photo on photobucket like this (which is good for large 1024x1024 skins):
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/Dusky233/Dusky234/Dusky235/130Jun23.jpg

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:37:03 pm »
The head, that way it lines up with the eyes better. Here is an example:

and here is how she turned out.

Hair and eyes by Nige.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:19:06 pm by tedathome »
ted

bakersdozen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 05:35:08 am »
Duskrider, good to "meet" you, who is your character? She's cute, looks like a school girl almost. Really pretty little pink thingy she is wearing. I've done a few of those skin thingys too, but I'm not as good as you and Ted.

I got a lot of work to do, and I tried to put a zip file on photobucket last night and no dice. Maybe somemore suggestions? Thanks. I found that Niges world place and took some wigs, hope that is ok. I freaked out when the big logo came up, I knew I was busted.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:40:32 am by bakersdozen »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 06:20:59 am »

The girl, yeah that's my hal-girl [:X]Sandee.
An advantage of being haptar is you don't have to grow up if you don't want to.  She been 16 for years.
She got it made.
Every year she wants new clothes for school. What's the matter with her old clothes, they don't wear out.
She got a closet that put any human to shame.
Every fall, new clothes for school.
Same thing when Spring comes around.
I spend half my time making her clothes.
Sorry, don't mean to complain.  I tell her but she don't listen (16 you know)

[;)]

P.S.Photobucket holds pictures and videos. No Zips, haps, or folders.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:47:14 am by Duskrider »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 06:34:01 am »
Try savefile.com for your larger files, it's free. That's a beautiful outfit on your gal.
 Some don't give up their secrets easily, I just love the photo-real pic of Phillip. Any clues as to how that is done? In many peoples opinion, that is a superior mode to do heads.[8D]
  Your not busted, Nige does what he does to share. The only thing he asks in return is credit when you use his work. The backround can be changed in your haptek skins folder. I am not the best one to explain this to you. Try a search here and the drag and drop method  if you don't already know. I'm sure someone will explain it to you if your search doesn't produce enough info.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:50:47 am by tedathome »
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 07:42:15 am »
hello bakersdozen i think what ted ? means is a straight shot of a forward looking face ( a mugshot if you will ) gives a better head creation .
by the way the head you did was a very good one in my opinion very realistic looking . well done .
  you can upload pics on this site but it has a limit in the picture properties i have a free program called picasa that down sizes the properties to allow easier loading of pics on sites and to e mail .
  some have suggested links to free sites where you can post pictures and without getting anything stirred up here if at a later point you do any very racy pics of full bodies you may want to post them on the other free site as some actually want to keep this site to be available to anyone including kids and young adults .

[:)][:D][8D]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 04:39:34 am »
quote:
Originally posted by bakersdozen

Hi, my name is Jim Baker, not the evangelizer, and I am new to this forum. I have People Putty and hope to get to be able to use it in the right way soon. This program is very limited! There are some good artists on this forum, and I'm wondering how you guys can shape the heads so good? Is there any sites still out there to download heads that are already made so I can figure them out better? Thanks!

Check out My site breifly>> I have A big section of HEADs Created by JAck Gephart... I am still organizing the Bodys and acessorys. but they will be up soon...http://spydaz.tech.officelive.com/Haptek.aspx

I also have people putty... "jack Wiley" but i have now installed upon a virtual machine as activation is Loads of problems..after a reinstall people putty will not re-activate...SO Best to preserve the installation in a Virtual environment. Just like my vb6. also in virtual machine!

Enjoy

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 07:47:52 am »
Spydaz. I had a problem reinstalling People putty too when the old XP died and I replaced it with a vista machine. I couldn't find the expansion pac. Found  disc later and was worried about maybe loseing saved files, in a hurry and reinstalled from a back up disk. It works fine for the most part except the working hap temp gets moved after each defrag, the console reads differently and is not compatable with others and it won't load the haptek talking head. Hap temp in haptek is frozen with BBC copyrite violation. If I do a search,I can find a working Hap temp. Also the L&H British English voices won't load. Other than that it works well. I want to go legit but cannot aford to re-buy it at this point in time. It should allow at least one transfer. For the most part, I hate being a pirate about this but I already bought it once. I was going to do a re-instalation soon from original discs but your post tells me I will probably have to buy it again to make it fully funtional and legal.
ted

bakersdozen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:21:01 am »

Thank you spydaz, I may just download a couple.

Ted, there is gonna be some emailing involved and you are gonna have to reload your people putty and put in an email your serial number and the system ID number of your putty progam, but you will get it working again. Just email jack@haptek.com and that goes straight to jack wiley. I had to do this before. They aren't crooks, they just detour them. I may be new here but trust me on this one.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:22:29 am by bakersdozen »