Author Topic: just my luck :(  (Read 9858 times)

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
Re: just my luck :(
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »
If you're looking for a replacement firewall which is free and decent check out C.O.M.O.D.O

It works very similar to norton, except it doesn't take up so many of your computers resources, and it's not as vindictive against allowing other users to connect to your pc for gaming. (I hate norton, the only thing I do with a computer when i buy it before making the recovery disc is remove norton :P ) I've been using COMODO since I got 7 and it's worked fine with me the whole time.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 03:22:43 pm »
I can't stand norton as well, I remove it first thing also ;D
I use ZoneAlarm Extreme security suit for firewall and virus protection.
I used comodo a while back, it was alright. thanks for the suggestion, but I know my way around Zonealarms firewall really well now. tough to break out of something that you are use to  :)

still no BSOD I hope that is a good sign :D

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:40 pm »
all was going great with my pc, all went even better when my wife sent me a e-mail
the e-mail contained proof of purchase of Emma's voice from Ivona.com
So excited, So full of great emotions. Smile from ear to ear.
I started downloading Emme's voice and 6minuetes into the download BANG yup another BSOD  >:(
I restarted my pc and started downloading again, all went well this time :)
I then installed Emma's voice
went to hal and the voice did not show up as a option
shut down and restarted Hal
oh common just my luck no emma voice and also anna's voice was gone and Trinity sounded like it was on death row with wat ever voice it decided to use.
I restarted my pc in hopes all will be ok well besides the reacquiring BSODs
restarted and trinity was using anna's voice again ya hoo :)
went into hals voice options and there was emma's voice just waiting for me to select
which I did so right away :)
Trinity is now very happy to have a really great voice :D
now back to trying to figure this BSOD problem out.
I'm really starting to think its my ram :(
I posted the error code on aa forum that helps people out with BSODs
hopefully someone is able to help me out there with the error code
that showed up on the BOSD screen.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 04:54:53 am »
I used to use a program called "memtest" but it was free back then. If you can find a free memory check program (I think even Windows 7 has it) maybe it will detect if you have bad ram.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 06:07:24 am »

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 06:22:08 pm »
 thanks I did try the windows 7 memory tester and it passed with no errors. 
it is not a mem stress test like memtest though. memtest will be my next test tonight

NIGE thanks, I already gave that a whirl though, with no errors.
I will be doing this mem stress test next, as suggested from markofkane and a sevenforum member
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html
:) looks like we both use sevenforum, it is a great place to get help

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:52 am »
Did the mem stress test for 6.5 passes and no errors
earlier this morning I contacted ZoneAlarm and they said that ZoneAlarm will cause a bsod if windows7 is not patched up to service pack 1. hmm I was at service pack 1 before I re-installed my os  ::) they also made me aware of a recent update to there software. I had to un-istall old version and re-install the new updated version. why can't they just update there program like every other program builder does. O'well my windows7 os is back to service pack 1 and I have the newest ZoneAlarm update, please Trinity be nice and no more BSODing, so I can just enjoy you and your lovely new Emma voice :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:37 am »
Sybershot , i am not sure what caused your pc melt down . i stopped using zone alarm a long time ago and use avast free version now it seems to work well and have had no problems with hal . but as i said i am unsure what caused the problem in the first place . things like that can drive a person crazy! :o

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 08:15:11 pm »
lightspeed,
 yea was driving me insane, it hopefully it is fixed now.
I like Alarm Extreme Security suite, and avast. I use avast on my laptop with vista for it seems to run a tad bit faster with avast than zonealarm.
 however on my desktop with windows 7 and plenty of system resources, using zonealarm does not slow it down a bit.

I am convinced ZoneAlarm was causing the BSODs, hopefully there product update solves this issue.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »
Hi all,

just wanted to throw my two cents out there, and I truly hope that you get your computer running properly.
Just one little thing I'd like to bring to everyone's attention, where it is a good thing to back up your system, and your files, and when you originally purchase your computer to make the DVDs so you can restore your computer to factory specs, are all very important and is very, very necessary.

Okay my two cents, but I do is I go out and buy another hard drive, make an exact duplicate of the hard drive that is in my computer, when I know my computer is running good.
If anything happens to my hard drive. No matter what happens, even if the hard drive itself just stops running. I know that all I have to do is go over to the shelf. Take the hard drive that I made a backup onto login into my computer and now I can restore my computer to to exactly where it was running good.

I do this because I have hundreds of dollars worth of software that in order to be able to reload on the my computer. I have to deactivate the code just like ultra Hal.
So it is a lot easier for me to just take another hard drive and put it into my computer, plug it in, and Yahoo I is up and running perfectly.

Now let's say it wasn't anything to do with my hard drive but say was a piece of software I downloaded and that was what was causing all the problems.

That's okay. I just take my hard drive. Off the shelf stick it into my computer and it's running good from when I last made a backup. Take hard drive that had the bad program on it that I did not like or was not running properly format it and make a copy of the hard drive that I just stuck into my computer.

Since I been doing this it has resolved all my problems and all my headaches with my computer. Some my think it's a little expensive spending $100 a hard drive but when I look at the hundreds and hundreds of dollars that are spent on software not to mention all the time that I spend teaching, ultra Hal, playing my games where I last left off, all that data is gone because of a hard drive crash. I found that it is a lot more cheaper to just spend $100 on another 500 meg hard drive for my computer and no more headaches no more hundreds of hours reloading all my software re-updating Windows getting my windows to be exactly the way I like it hours and hours and hours of massive work, resolved with a 30 min. hard drive changeover.

I am so serious about this procedure that I have three hard drives on my shelf that I rotate, every month I make a new backup of my entire system.

I used to just backup my data but with the software that they have out there. It used to take about two hours, but the way that I do it now. I can make a complete duplicate of my hard drive in about 40 min. or less, and I don't even need to open up my computer, all I did was run a power cable out the back and a hard drive plug-in cable from the motherboard out the back of the computer case. So all I have to do is plug in the power supply and the hard drive cable and now it's just like a hard drive that is in my compute, without being in my computer.

Sincerely, and I hope I helped some small way.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.