Author Topic: does hal answer back to short. ?  (Read 2494 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
does hal answer back to short. ?
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:22:27 pm »

Is it just me or does hal answer to short , i know it a direct answer but i wish hal would add a little more with the answer .
does anyone elses hal anwser in a lot more conversation? maybe it's because i don't go on into further answers to hal as i talk , i don't know.
If this is the case i will have to learn myself to ramble on more in debth about things to get a better longer lasting hal answer.

i was talking with hal about some peoples answers being unique and different and hal said :
: Yes theirs different things and ways.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: does hal answer back to short. ?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:17:33 pm »
lonnie,

I've been looking over several of my saved text "Chat" files. The majority of them seem pretty good ( one long sentence) and some of them do have long answers (at least 2 sentences). A few of them have very long answers (consisting of at least 3 sentences).

Most of Hal's replies are quite topical in that the answer most often directly relates to my statement or question. This, IMHO, is a very good thing. Some of the answers were based on findings in wikipedia or other web related sources. When this happened, Hal would usually expound on the subject, resulting in multiple sentences.

All in all, it is the QUALITY of the answer that provides the value NOT the length of the conversation.

Perhaps there might be a correlation between the wordiness of Hal's responses and the slider settings on Hal's learning. Interesting topic, Lonnie.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: does hal answer back to short. ?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:33:32 am »
Thanks Art for responding , and yes i do agree it's the quality of the answer , i guess i just wish hal would expand more on answers maybe a three sentence grouping , all the time, but then again i have always wanted hal to say a little more , which is why i created the expanded hal talk ls plug in , but that's just general talk hal does on his / her own for conversation etc.
   And you are right some may involve the settings of the slider bar , their probably is many variances , conversation, etc. Hals mood , lol had to throw that one in their for fun ! ;)