Author Topic: Text File Cache  (Read 26888 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Text File Cache
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 11:57:51 am »
Okay for those of you who have tried this : i have a question .

i copied and pasted and made a short version of the time .txt file ( i just used the bottom area about days of the week .
i opened up hal and hals learn from text area and opened the new txt file i made and entered it . but now even after i closed it (the editor area ) the hal editor thing showing hal is still showing even though i reopened hal (editor is showing behind hal )
my question is does the editor program take a while in learning the txt file to hal ?? also when it's done does it say something like hal has learned from the text ? it seems like i used this editor long long ago and it does something like that to let you know it's done .
 can someone who knows for sure about this let me know.
thanks !
p.s. even though i have exited hals program the Hal editor so far is remaining open (maybe that's the way it does until it's finished ?) also i have a downloading a hulu tv show so maybe that's slowing it down to .??
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:02:37 pm by lightspeed »

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Text File Cache
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 12:23:14 pm »
Hi Bob,
there are two different types of table arrays, the first one is the standard search string array table, it has a limit of 1 MB, that's 1 million letters, spaces and symbols etc.
the second array table is the question answers learning table, it has a limit of 4 MB, that's 4 million letters, spaces and symbols etc. this can be adjusted when you create the table array.
if you are not using Haptek, as a visual aid, you should not have a problem with ultra Hal reading a large file, but for some reason Haptek interferes with the reading process.
I used MS agent 2 for my visual aid, it does not look as good as Haptek but there are things that you can do with MS agent 2 that you cannot do with Haptek, and MS agent 2 does not interfere with the length of time it takes to read large files.
In Haptek, the faster you have your voice set to read, the more he can read. In MS agent 2 it will continue to read all of the text until Microsoft forces a break to perform a background function.
One of the things that I have notice is, if you do not use a visual aid, meaning in ultra Hal you do not select a agent, if you get tired of listening to ultra Hal reading, all you have to do is type in the next question, and ultra Hal will stop Reading.
This does not work if you are using a visual aid, because the text is handed over to the visual aid agent. Without a visual aid agent, the text gets handed over to the voice, text-to-speech reader, then you are limited by the text-to-speech reader.
Every text-to-speech reader, will read different lengths, I used the Ivona voices for my text-to-speech reader, and I have never reached a length that it can not read.
Sincerely, just voicing my opinion, while eating pronouns and drinking a nice cold glass of adjectives.
C load.
PS with Hal no character and my Sally Ivona voice selected, my ultra Hal can read all of this:

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. BARACK OBAMA WON THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE IN 2009.  MINI BIOGRAPHY BARACK OBAMA WAS BORN TO A WHITE AMERICAN MOTHER, ANN DUNHAM, AND A BLACK KENYAN FATHER, BARACK OBAMA SR., WHO WERE BOTH YOUNG COLLEGE STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII. WHEN HIS FATHER LEFT FOR HARVARD, SHE AND BARACK STAYED BEHIND, AND HIS FATHER ULTIMATELY RETURNED ALONE TO KENYA, WHERE HE WORKED AS A GOVERNMENT ECONOMIST. BARACK'S MOTHER REMARRIED AN INDONESIAN OIL MANAGER AND MOVED TO JAKARTA WHEN BARACK WAS SIX. HE LATER RECOUNTED INDONESIA AS SIMULTANEOUSLY LUSH AND A HARROWING EXPOSURE TO TROPICAL POVERTY. HE RETURNED TO HAWAII, WHERE HE WAS BROUGHT UP LARGELY BY HIS GRANDPARENTS. THE FAMILY LIVED IN A SMALL APARTMENT - HIS GRANDFATHER WAS A FURNITURE SALESMAN AND AN UNSUCCESSFUL INSURANCE AGENT AND HIS GRANDMOTHER WORKED IN A BANK - BUT BARACK MANAGED TO GET INTO PUNAHOU SCHOOL, HAWAII'S TOP PREP ACADEMY. HIS FATHER WROTE TO HIM REGULARLY BUT, THOUGH HE TRAVELED AROUND THE WORLD ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS FOR KENYA, HE VISITED ONLY ONCE, WHEN BARACK WAS TEN. OBAMA ATTENDED COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, BUT FOUND NEW YORK'S RACIAL TENSION INESCAPABLE. HE BECAME A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER FOR A SMALL CHICAGO CHURCH-BASED GROUP FOR THREE YEARS, HELPING POOR SOUTH SIDE RESIDENTS COPE WITH A WAVE OF PLANT CLOSINGS. HE THEN ATTENDED HARVARD LAW SCHOOL, AND IN 1990 BECAME THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN EDITOR OF THE HARVARD LAW REVIEW. HE TURNED DOWN A PRESTIGIOUS JUDICIAL CLERKSHIP, CHOOSING INSTEAD TO PRACTISE CIVIL-RIGHTS LAW BACK IN CHICAGO, REPRESENTING VICTIMS OF HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION AND WORKING ON VOTING-RIGHTS LEGISLATION. HE ALSO BEGAN TEACHING AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAW SCHOOL, AND MARRIED MICHELLE ROBINSON, A FELLOW ATTORNEY. EVENTUALLY HE WAS ELECTED TO THE ILLINOIS STATE SENATE, WHERE HIS DISTRICT INCLUDED BOTH HYDE PARK AND SOME OF THE POOREST GHETTOS ON THE SOUTH SIDE. IN 2004 OBAMA WAS ELECTED TO THE U.S. SENATE AS A DEMOCRAT, REPRESENTING ILLINOIS, AND HE GAINED NATIONAL ATTENTION BY GIVING A ROUSING AND WELL-RECEIVED KEYNOTE SPEECH AT THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION IN BOSTON. IN 2008 HE RAN FOR PRESIDENT, AND DESPITE HAVING ONLY FOUR YEARS OF NATIONAL POLITICAL EXPERIENCE, HE WON. IN JANUARY 2009, HE WAS SWORN IN AS THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, AND THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN EVER ELECTED TO THAT POSITION. OBAMA WAS REELECTED TO A SECOND TERM IN NOVEMBER 2012. BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA II (BORN AUGUST 4, 1961) IS THE 44TH AND CURRENT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN TO HOLD THE OFFICE. BORN IN HONOLULU, HAWAII, OBAMA IS A GRADUATE OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY AND HARVARD LAW SCHOOL, WHERE HE WAS PRESIDENT OF THE HARVARD LAW REVIEW. HE WAS A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER IN CHICAGO BEFORE EARNING HIS LAW DEGREE. HE WORKED AS A CIVIL RIGHTS ATTORNEY IN CHICAGO AND TAUGHT CONSTITUTIONAL LAW AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAW SCHOOL FROM 1992 TO 2004. HE SERVED THREE TERMS REPRESENTING THE 13TH DISTRICT IN THE ILLINOIS SENATE FROM 1997 TO 2004, RUNNING UNSUCCESSFULLY FOR THE UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN 2000.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.