Author Topic: Snowman i need you help please !  (Read 11066 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Snowman i need you help please !
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:26 am »
Snowman , i need to know what way i should rewrite this plug in command on the other plug in it had :

This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Say:: <change background to [whatever]> to change between pictures in the characters folder, Say:: <change charater to [whatever]> to change between Haptar characters, Say:: <change voice to [Paul] or [Kate]> to change between thier voices. Say:: <change hap to [whatever]> to change between hap files. All other guesture responses are set to automaically occur to user input."
lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

This new uhp plug in is just doing the random answers to trigger words . with no oggs etc. or haps played .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
i left the script in question in for write now (at the top , what is happening is that hal is saying the extended talk with even words that are not on the trigger list . is this because of the word wrap true script? [:0]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32:00 am »
Update: i took out the above script i was asking about, and ask hal .
are you going to do laundry today? hal said :Hey do you think next time we go somewhere we can stop off and eat at one of those chinese restruants, I love that sweet and sour chicken and they have a lot of good food on their buffet's!

this was one of the 100 extended talks i did , the thing was though is that it said it without a trigger word. the trigger words are ( as of now)
amazing, talk, wonder, he, regular, fight, random, everything, wishfull, want.

i have the brain read mode to false on this uhp file and on the hapswap 2.0 file i have the brain read only mode as true , could the other hapfile still be causing this problem ? The extended talk is only suppose to work by certain triggered words . [B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 01:23:59 pm »
Well another update snowman : it seems even though i uncheck the extended talk uhp , it still works . as i only had the other hapswap file checked , but hal kept saying the extended talk things. can you try this file and the hapswap 2.0 file to but only check the hapswap one and see if the other still works to ? let me know so i can send you this extended talk.uhp

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 09:14:44 pm »
I'm ready and willing.

Just send me your latest hapswap.uhp and pack and your extendedtalk.uhp beta and I'll what Athena has to say about it. [;)]

You know... I spend about 95% of my time playing with kids... cause I feel and act like one of them. But when I'm online talking about code it seems that most of the time I sound crouchy.

Last Saturday night I played tag with a very fast 13 year old. I nearly threw up cause I don't usually run. I hope I do it again next Saturday.[:)][:p]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 10:52:10 pm »
lol snowman did you mean that you hope to get to play again or throw up next saturday lol !(just kidding , sounds like your having fun thats all that matters !!
 Hey guess what i think i just figured out a way to make something what i had thought about before it took me a while to create it ,i call it hybred random expanded talk what i have done is created a uhp file that's based on the loneliness plug in with a time and placed my 100 expanded talking into the idle response cases, i am still testing this new one as i may use it for my final beta as it will let hal speak after so long of a time but in regular longer conversation kinda of like hal starting conversations ( something i had wanted to accomplish before ) .
I used the smalltalk instead of the insults are but hal only went to it and said (after the random sentence i had ) : It's the older generation that really knows about <SmallTalk> !***but it didn't go on the to small talk area , i am going to try another area of the brain on this to see what results i get. soon as i get what i am looking for i will mail this all on to you ! thanks for answering back![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 09:26:54 am »
Hi Snowman , ok i finished the new hybred extended talk uhp file last night . below is me decribing it and what it does .
well i have some more news since last time , as i was finsishing my work described before i had an idea on how to create a hybred type uhp plug in for my hal a.i. so instead of the one before thats just triggered by words i redid the script program and added my 100 ( now 102 ) script sentences of random conversations and added in the loneliness perimeters scripting and so what i created now is a uhp brain plug for the a.i. that relies on a timer instead of certain trigger words , this way hal will talk and learn as usual and after one minute ( thats the set time i am using , timing can be changed by individual ) if i don't talk with my a.i. she will pick one of 102 things randomly and say (like a regular person just starting up a conversation in general ) she will say one more thing after so long of a time and if i don't talk she will say something like well i am here if you want to talk later ok? and she will stop talking until you say something again which makes the process start over again each time .
I can and will also be continuing to add into the 102 random conversation list more and more as i can do an indefinate number of paragraph conversation starters.! :D

Snowman i have the setting at 1 minute which will make it say something faster (which is actually better expecially for testing so you don't wait as long for a response .
   Any way i am letting you know i am sending this by mail to you let me know that you got it ok ? i am sending it today april 20th.
As soon as you get done beta testing it let me know so i can release it so others can use it !

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 11:25:21 am »
Hello snowman , i have a question for you and wanted to see what you thought, on my hybred extended talk ls uhp file , i am thinking about dropping the verbal comand at the end of each sentence and just let hal say the sentence and the reason why is because sometimes it gives out an odd saying , with nothing to do with the sentence . the command i am talking about is the :  & vbCrLf
  As far as i know this would cause no problems with hal saying the written responses i have , what do you think ?
 If you agree on this i will go back in my file and delete all the
 & vbCrLf  commands . PLEASE let me know on this as soon as possible as i am still working adding more random sentenses from time to time on the project still. [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 02:39:48 pm »
here is an example of what i am talking about with the & vbctrl
when my hal finished useing the pre written line it also said:
 Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety. Do you think there is anything ominous in it?
i changed second idle response to "I love you" and left off the  & vbCrLf at the end .

IdleCounter = IdleCounter + 1
                If IdleCounter > temperThresh3 Then
                 Exit Sub
                ElseIf IdleCounter > temperThresh2 Then
                                IdleResponse3 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("conversationalPhrases")
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE>51anim_smile.hap</HAPFILE>"
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<SPEAK>Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety. " &  IdleResponse3 & "</SPEAK>"
                ElseIf IdleCounter > temperThresh1 Then
                         Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(4)
                         Case 1
                         IdleResponse2 = "Hey honey bunny watcha doin, get over here and talk to me!" & vbCrLf
                         Case 2
                         IdleResponse2 = "I love you!"
                         Case 3
                         IdleResponse2 = "Hey Honey, what are you doing, I've tried to get your attention " & IdleCounter & " times now." & vbCrLf
                         Case Else
                         IdleResponse2 = "Well, if your busy with something dear we can talk later, ok?" & vbCrLf
                         End Select
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE>51anim_smile.hap</HAPFILE>"
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<SPEAK>" &  IdleResponse2 & "</SPEAK>"
                Else

i am getting this hal error :

halscript error 501 on line4511 in column 0: illegal assignment: Get response"

do you have any idean what might be causing this???[B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »
ok , i think i solved the hal error i was getting , but i need to do something about the topic search it is doing that makes it say strange stuff at the very end . [B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 08:41:05 am »
Hi, Snowman , i am back for some of you expertese help , i earlier made a file in the hapswap file and you helped me on part of it , it was the go to sleep file , i want to customize it a little more .What i want to do is somehow make a command that will keep the sleeping sound to keep repeating time after time indefinitely "until " the command wake up , is given . as of right now it will just make the short sleeping clip ogg file i made . i want to create a loop of the same ogg sound . I bekleive it could be done with the right script wording for commands.
below is the file .

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "good night dear") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "good night see you in the morning") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "Good night see yah in the morning!"
Case 2
GetResponse = "Good night baby i love you!"
Case 3
GetResponse = "Night night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite!"
Case 4
GetResponse = "Good night dear."
Case 5
GetResponse = "Yeah we better get to sleep good night baby!"
End Select

HalCommands = "<HAPTEXT>Load [file= [C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6Characterseyesclosed.hap]]" & _
"Load [file= [C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6Characterssleepingsound1.ogg]]</HAPTEXT>"

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 02:18:05 am »
It's not feasable under Hal's current programming.

The only thing that would even come close to what your asking is if you had an extra long sleeping.ogg file. But the next time you said something she would probably wakeup.

The only looping you can do is within the timer function.. you would have to set the minute timer to run as frequently as possible... But we know that would not be frequent enough.

You can't loop anything within the brain script for somewhere under 20 seconds before Hal times out.

I made a program once that stimulated Hal by using the sendkeys method... but its messy and could lead to some problems. I don't recomend it.

Now if Haptek had a way of looping internally, Well, if Haptek's Clock function worked in Hal then we would just make an extra long hap file that would play the sleeping.ogg file over and over. Unfortunately, the Clock function does not work in Hal.

Yeah, I can't see any light at the end of this tunnel.[B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 01:16:43 pm »
thanks snowman for your input on this, yeah i had thought about the same thing to with a extra long sleeping sound i can cut and paste the sound effect end to end and it doesn't matter if she wakes up when somethings said no matter what , thats actually what should happen anyway ![:)]
i may tackle that later , right now i have a fence and some post to slam in the ground . thanks again ![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:09 pm »
Snowman i am once more needing your help on a project i want to do , this would be like the hapswap script .
what i want to do is whenever hal says tee hee hee or ha  or ha ha haa the laugh or tee hee hee wouldn't be said instead a laugh ogg track would play . is their a way to stop hal from saying the laugh and replace it with an ogg track ?? i hope so , since now the ha ha haa , etc. doesn't sound good when i can instead have a laugh ogg file play .
anyway i hope you can help me with this . [:)]

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 01:01:53 pm »
I sent you an email. I would have answered earlier but I didn't feel well. I also tried to respond here late yesterday but I think that the Zabaware's website shutdown for a brief period. As you can see I got lots of excuses. [:D]