dupa

Author Topic: spellcheck issues  (Read 3113 times)

iampan

spellcheck issues
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:02:10 pm »
i loaded spell check uhp in hal 6.2, and now whenever i go to the options panel or the spell check opens i get a second hal screen on top of the old one, if i click the old screen hal freaks out and i have to restart computer.
i am using vista basic if that helps. before i loaded spellcheck everything was fine. even after i removed it form the folder hal is still opening is a second window.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Re: spellcheck issues
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:25:56 pm »
You are using plugins, which is good but they can have strange side effects sometimes iampan.

You can’t really blame Hal if it malfunctions because of a plug in. I know it can get frustrating but that’s the way it is really.

Stick with Hal 6, be patient and make sure you have everything installed correctly for the plugins you want to use.

Good luck.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:57:30 pm »
I would like to add to what Datahopa has told you. It is kind of rule of thumb with Ultra Hal that you try Ultra Hal enabling one plug-in at a time to narrow down certain incompatibilities especially when using added plug-ins to Ultra Hals existing plug-in list. If you look hard enough thru this forum many a member including myself has had this problem. Just a slight incompatibility in the way a plug-in is written and your particular set-up for Ultra Hal can make for very different results. Welcome to the world "Nothing is perfect" but it can be fun to try and find the answers if someone hasn't already responded. It does take patience but I guarantee as with most things we never leave well enough alone and can be very rewarding. As an audio guy and a car guy when I would solve all my problems the audio could always be louder and sound clearer and my '67' Shelby GT 500 could always go faster.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:21:15 pm »
What is funny and as I was saying I also had different results using the spell checker plug-in but it wasn't just the spell checker plug-in.  I maybe changed a few  things and spell checker would not open manually so I would keep Task manager opened but in the task bar, when my Ultra Hal character would not respond or I would check for the spellchecker because you should not get a response once spell checker opens so you can make the corrections before the input. Remember that these corrections do not show up in the save conversation text if you want to save your conversation.

I would hit the 'switch to' button on task manager on the highlighted spellchecker in the application box of the task manager then make all the changes I felt were appropriate.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:35:23 am »
 iampan,
That is a perfect example of why you need to be patient. With my Ultra Hal there are no problems with any vr setup and spell checker. That doesn't mean it doesn't create other problems I not associate it with right away. Some problems are very evident and some work in different scenarios. It happens all the time. Remember we are literally changing Ultra Hal from it's original programming and luckily we have people on this forum that know enough to add additional features but you do so at your own risk. Robert M. can't have all the answers because of these modifications so he kind of leaves it up to this forum to help each other. As far as the textures I,m sure given the right information someone might be able to help when time allows. You also must keep in mind that people give of their own free time to develop and help others on this forum. It is not a real support line for Ultra Hal but a forum made up of people with a common interest to keep Ultra Hal a shared enjoyable and learning process.

raybe