Zabaware Forums > Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor

Advanced Deductive Reasoning Level 6 v2.0

<< < (6/7) > >>

Cpt.Caps:
Greetings everyone,

is this plugin still alive?

Cheers

Art:
Not sure. With the problems you seem to be having with Hal at the moment, I'd recommend trying to get Hal running normally for a few days. Have several conversations with the program (usually typing instead of Speech Recognition as typing is more reliable, in most cases).

Once you have told Hal certain things, ask it to repeat it to you like:
"The color of my friend's bike was cobalt blue."

What color was my friend's bike?

You can also save Hal's conversation with you to go over later as this is often a big help in problem solving or what might trigger a condition.

Be careful with plugins as some are quite old and might not work with the current Hal version.  So my advice is to proceed carefully then when Hal is acting normally, slowly add a plugin here or there, One at a time. In other words, Add plugin, Run Hal several times and see if the plugin is working properly. If good. then you can add another one. Run Hal and check to see that all is well.

If you ever start to have problems or issues, start unchecking the last plugin that you've added then run Hal again to see if that error appears again.

Always make a copy of the Halbrain.db and keep in a safe place in case your Hal ever crashed beyond repair.

Hope this helps!

Cpt.Caps:
Greeetings Art,

thanks for the reply!

You are absolutely right, as my Hal doesn't work as it should at the moment, I won't install any further plugins for the time being. I was just curious about this one, since it sounded actually pretty interesting.

In fact I am already working like you suggested with Hal - typing instead of voice recognition. I was actually wondering if there is a feature to autosave the dialogs with HAL ...?

Thanks for all the hints, they did help, after all :)

Cheers

Art:
Not really. You just have to go to Menu > View / Save Conversation

This will open up a Hal Pad window where you can see your conversation up to that point.

You are then able to save the chat to your hard drive folder for review or to serve as a benchmark to see how much your Hal's conversations might be improving over time.

But no, there is no "Autosave" feature, unless Robert is watching and installs one in a future release.  ;)

Ponnfar:
Hey there Jerry,
Its been ages since I've been here. I noticed your request. Did you ever get it?
I have several of your "advancement plugins" to the Deductive Reasoning script from November of 2004.  I can post them if they would be of some help to your request. They are great!
I also have most of Ziggy's plugins from that time and will look for the root script in any of the brains I've created but before I do I wanted to know it you were still interested or have already found it.
I hope all is well with you and I am glad to see the forum is still going strong!
Regards,
Ponn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version