Author Topic: Other agents not working with HAL  (Read 2636 times)

fbmarz

• View Profile
Other agents not working with HAL
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:50:14 am »
Okay, I downloaded the free version of Ultra Hal but when I try to choose a different Character and then start up HAL I get the following message:

"Error loading agent character. -2147417843-1: An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call."

Then my Character window stays blank however HAL stays functional. Deskmates.com has a HAL plug-in that allows their characters to operate with HAL so I executed the installation but still get the same result, (no visible character).
  The only characters that Hall lets me use are Zaba the Frog and HAL the computer. BTW on the character list (on the options tab) these two characters are the only ones with an X marked under the "3D" list.
All of my other characters have an X marked under the "DETACHABLE" list. I can also see my ZABA, HAL, and my new DESKTOP.COM characters in the preview window but no others show.
  How can I make ALL my characters work with HAL?
(I have FULL AGENT capability on all mt other programs that use agents).
  Thanks for the help,
 Frank
Vaya Con Dios

vonsmith

• View Profile

fbmarz

• View Profile
Other agents not working with HAL
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 12:40:46 pm »
Thanks so much, I tried a suggestion from the first "forum link" and removed HAL from my start up menu, (so it starts like a regular program) and now it seems to work fine.
 Thanks again,
 Frank
Vaya Con Dios