Author Topic: retrieve AIM bot log  (Read 2597 times)

nitrous9200

• View Profile
retrieve AIM bot log
« on: November 29, 2004, 05:49:07 pm »
hi.

i know its my first post here, but please excuse me if i ask a dumb question.

i turned on my AIM bot and it started talking to a friend. then he signed off, so i opened up regular AIM and tried to see if he was still signed on, but then the program window closed and an error popped up, about the login. so i waited the 500 seconds to see if the conversation was still there. it wasnt. i was wondering if there is any way to retrieve that conversation.

thanks
-nitrous9200

CoCoKid

• View Profile
    • http://www.thefinalmix.com
retrieve AIM bot log
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 11:02:06 pm »
nitrous9200,

The conversation should still be there. It's in a file called chatlog.txt and it's located in the Hal directory (if you installed the program using the defaults).
The error you recieved was probably the AOL error that you were disconnected from one location, because you logged on from another location.
I would guess that your AIMbot uses the same login as your regular AIM messenger account. AOL will only allow one connection per account. If you try and sign-on your AIM messenger while your BOT is signed in, AOL will disconnect one of them.
I am not an AOL user, but I would bet that you could get the conversation from your friend if his messenger is setup to log conversations. Look for the chatlog.txt file first.

-= Rick =-