dupa

Author Topic: Problems with Microsoft Agent Chars.  (Read 3454 times)

scottleach

• View Profile
Problems with Microsoft Agent Chars.
« on: June 08, 2005, 12:26:26 am »
I used to be able to have Hal use my Microsoft Agent Characters with ver 4.5. I uninstalled ver 4.5, and deleted the Zabaware file, rebooted my pc and installed the free version 5.0 to see if I wanted to upgrade to the new full version 5.0. I can pick the character I want, even choose what voice I want. But when I open hal to use that character, I get an error stating that an output call cannot be done because an input call is present, or was it a insyncronus call? I have uninstalled and reinstalled ver 5.0 and 4.5 only to now have the same problem in both versions of hal. Any suggestions?[?] I really like the program.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:16:22 am »
Your problem may have to do with using two versions of Ultra Hal on the same computer. They use the same c:\windows\halAsst.ini

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 07:42:19 am »
scottleach,

Like a lot of programs when you uninstall the UltraHal assistant the zabaware folder (in program files) is not removed. Only partial elements within the Zabaware folder are removed.

Try deleting this file...emptying recycle bin...reboot...then installing new version.

Should be fine then.

let us know how you get on.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

scottleach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 11:16:40 am »
I allready did delete the Zabaware file in c:program files, and I allready have cleared my recycle bin, but the "ini" file you mentioned in c:windows I didn't know about that one.. Thanks for the tips guys[:D]. I'll look for that "ini" file see if it's still there. right now I have Hal uninstalled, I'll also do a registry check and see if any parts of Hal were left behind there as well.

Humankinds ability to develop technology, has far exceeded humankinds ability to morally use and judge.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 08:29:22 pm »
If you'll use the forum search engine, I remember this question coming up a time or two in the past. Try starting Hal as a regular program (from a shortcut in the Start menu) rather than starting with Windows.