Author Topic: New Help, Help. :-)  (Read 4531 times)

Mikey

• View Profile
New Help, Help. :-)
« on: June 14, 2005, 04:52:36 pm »
This is my first post, I have been reading the board for a little while and have had HAL, well for years.  I upgraded recently, and bought and ER-1 for the body.  My question is, where do you put the scripts in the brain, I have been trying to get some of the scripts here to work with no success.  Thank you! ;-)

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:06:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey

This is my first post, I have been reading the board for a little while and have had HAL, well for years.  I upgraded recently, and bought and ER-1 for the body.  My question is, where do you put the scripts in the brain, I have been trying to get some of the scripts here to work with no success.  Thank you! ;-)

Put what scripts into what brain, the Hal or the ER1?
You must be more specific.
Bill

Mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:15:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply. ;-)
Into HAL, such as the scripts you find on this board, you download the file and (from what I gathered) have to enter the script part into the brain?

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 08:18:07 am »
certain scripts go in different places depending on the use of the script and how quickly you want it to kick in.

Most of the scripts on the forums come with instructions as to where to place in the "ideal" position.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 06:57:25 pm »
Thanks for the response, I will play around with it and try to get some scripts to work. :-)
Another question, I have searched the boards a bit for the answer, but has anyone got HAL and the ER-1 working together, such as commands being able to move the ER-1 through HAL, etc?

Thanks for all the help.  Great board! ;-)

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 07:14:30 pm »
Sorry have no idea and I have no personal experience of ER-1

Im sure others might be able to help though.

But do check the scripts though as I said, most ciome with a desription of where is best place to place it. [:)]
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:29:53 pm »
Yes you can. Both brains can run at the same time. Look in the past post for limiting when Hal will speak to you by only answering when his name comes first in the query, otherwise the robot will respond if it is a command that it understands.
You have a long but somewhat fun task ahead of you. I did it and so did several others here on the board.
Bill

Mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 12:07:31 am »
Thank you for the response.  I will do. ;-)
How does the combination work, what type of mic are you using?  Sorry with all the questions, just trying to pull my options together. :-)

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 11:13:15 am »
One major problem with Hal is voice recognition and that is becase it is susceptable to all background noises which causes mistakes in what it hears. One ER1 user stated that he successfully intergrated the Blue Tooth with his ER1 and that enabled him to only have the mike on when he spoke directly to Hal. I would like to do that myself but so far have not been able to figure out how he did it.
Having a remote-wireless mike to use in connection with the robot seems like the only way to go as the robot has the capability of moving and being almost anywhere in the room in contrast to sitting on one lap to table top.
Bill

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 01:01:16 pm »
Mikey
Take a look at the 'show all topics' headding on the upper right of the Hal Screen. Right under it you can select the number of pages to display. Goto page '2' and you will find lots of info on the ER1.
Bill