dupa

Author Topic: Charatcter Problems  (Read 5262 times)

Mumm-Ra

• View Profile
Charatcter Problems
« on: April 01, 2003, 02:19:10 pm »
I have the free version of Ultra Hal. With it, I use one of the MS Agents (Charlie). However, everytime I open the program, it tells me:

Error loading agent character: -2147417843-9: An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call.

What does that mean? And hoe do I fix it?

Thanks!

dgher1

• View Profile
Charatcter Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 04:31:19 am »
if it the free version will not load ms agents ,the reg. version does. so buy it. some people have troubles with the 4.5 ver. read the messages in the forum. i have troubles with it too. butit a neat little program that will take time. it will be good soon as bugs are fix.i like it. to the programer i have hopes for you so keep working on it. it will work just listen to the people and don't get mad.programing is hard thing to learn and do.and some programer just quit,you can make it better aways.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Charatcter Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 01:13:31 pm »
The "-2147417843-9: AN OUTGOING CALL CAN NOT BE MADE SINCE THE APPLICATION IS DISPATCHING AN INPUT SYNCHRONOUS CALL" error you mention is known to occur on some slower computers (or computers busy with other processes) because the Hal program is attempting to access the character before it has actually loaded. However, it usually fixes the problem a seconds after giving you this error, and the character usually appears. Does everything still work after you click OK?

This program will be fixed in Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 by making Hal give the MSAgent character a few extra milliseconds to load.
Robert Medeksza

Ptit_Loup

• View Profile
Charatcter Problems
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 11:50:51 am »
Hi! It seems that it has to be solved with the version 5.0... But I have the version 5.0.57 and it's still the case.[V] I receive the message "Error loading agent character: -2147417843-1: An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call." But not with all characters. I already seen that it's not related to the char settings (3D, Detachable, or Lip Sync...). I have this problem with all the characters comming from DesktopMates. Is there some file missing in their packages? Thanks.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Charatcter Problems
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 02:38:18 am »
Have you installed the character plugins for the DeskTopMates characters? They're available at the site.

Ptit_Loup

• View Profile
Charatcter Problems
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 03:27:41 am »
OK. My mistake... Thanks!