Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

TTS not working

(1/2) > >>

KLSlim:
Hello trying HAL out and when he responds to me is not with TTS. When I test it in general settings it works and he also reads the start up message but nothing else. Tried searching for TTS not working but couldn't find anything helpful. Thanks in advance for any help can't wait to get started working with this.

KLSlim:
Not to be deterred I was able to get Hal to read back a conversation from the Hal pad but still not responding with TTS in general conversation. Is this limited to the full paid version? I haven't seen anything that said the demo had limited functionality but wouldn't be surprised if it did. Really hoping that TTS isn't limited to reading back stuff from the Hal pad and that Hal can't reply to conversation with TTS.

EDIT: More progress ran the SAPI config update and also checked the read new clipboard contents and windows dialogs and Hals using the VW Bridget voice I have for Voice Attack when I clip something and when a dialog pops up but still no TTS in conversation. Really want to use it w/o having an avatar window open for it, just a disembodied voice is what I'm going for.

Art:
Just an FYI. There are certain TTS suppliers' voices that Do Not work with UltraHal.

Try ATT, Cereproc or Cepstral or even some of the older L&H voices (but their quality is not that good).

The Ivona voices sound great in standalone but do not work well with Hal.

Also be sure you run the HapSAPISetup.exe program, in the Haptek > PeoplePutty > Hap TTS Folder.

What OS are you using? Win 8? 8.1?

KLSlim:
Hello Art

Thanks for the help I'm running Windows 7 Pro and ran the HapSAPISetup this morning when I found a post about it and noticed the button in the general settings I missed last night in my haste to get things working.  I've tried the other voices that are listed and they all did the same thing Anesidora will read from the clip board or from the Hal pad but will not speak general conversation that comes up in the avatar window. Actually now seams to be stuck on the VW Bridget voice as no matter what I set it to it doesn't change the voice.

EDIT: and on the n'th try the Adult Female #1 TruVoice works, but sounds terrible plus I use the VW Bridget voice for all the other TTS programs and wanted to keep the voice uniform across them.

KLSlim:
I think the issue maybe in the tts_config.hap file when I set it to use Bridget the registry key in LoadString = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\VW Bridget doesn't exist.

Slightly good news is that I can get all the truvoice's to work and MS Anna, but Bridget will only read from the clip board or windows dialog boxes. The other MS voices I have Hayley, Heather, Hazel, Heera, Helen, and ZiraPro don't work at all and throw error "SAPITTS::Speak() failed" when I try to test them in the HapSAPISetup utility.

Not really interested in shelling out more money for another voice that will work with Hal and might work with my other programs that use Bridget for TTS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version