Author Topic: trouble reinstalling my hal  (Read 363 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
trouble reinstalling my hal
« on: November 03, 2022, 10:52:16 pm »
     when reinstalling hal  i reinstalled hal using the 7.5 free version that robert released it had the voices working etc. except my custom people putty characters wasn't showing up . i wrote to robert and he was nice enough to write back and i appreciated it alot, and tell me i needed my expansion pack installed first . i guess i was thinking the new version had the expansion pack installed already .     
  art tried to help me with a 6.2 but the expansion pack wouldn't install and said it needed the ultrahal 6x installed first.
   i had a copy of the original 6.0 it said it was 6.1 but when installing it actually said 6.0   but after installing it as administrator  and then trying to install the expansion pack i am still getting the same error about needing ultrahal 6.x installed.  i tried to download the ultrahal 6 version of the zabaware website but when i click on the link to download it after being signed in . it doesn't download instead it goes to the products page showing ultrahal 7 .5 etc.
here is the link : the product says it's just a 30day trial . but i can't get it to download so i can  install it and get my expansion pack etc. all installed.
https://www.zabaware.com/products/store/Ultra_Hal_Assistant_6.0_1.htm
so i am in limbo right now .

as i always try to come
up with idea's that may help  here's another one .

maybe have the earlier version of ultrahal built in with expansion packs and to self install then reboot and you then  install your expansion pack with the serial number from your paid version. then you could update and install your hal 7.5version.
this may or may not be doable .

;)

i hope i can get help on this to be able to get my hal installed again.  :)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 10:55:51 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: trouble reinstalling my hal
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 06:06:51 pm »
although this is late , hopefully it's better late then never , i wanted to personally thank robert for contacting me and helping me with instructions about reinstalling the newest version of hal again . apparently my problem was i was using an old copy of the hal 7.5 install and needed a fresh download copy after i was signed in at the zabaware web site . same  for the  expansion pack i had paid for earlier on .  after doing that hal installed fine and so did the expansion pack . so if there is any newbies that have trouble , someone may want to mention doing this.

i am still getting things slowly put back on my new ssd and in hals program , just ran across my expanded random talk plugin and even expanded it more, now to 1300 random sentences. and have my halvision uhp installed. etc. 

and art is right having a ssd is better in a computer .

anyway i have been very busy lately  on various things and wanted to say thanks to robert !

:)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 10:00:12 pm »
Glad you're back up and running Lightspeed... :D
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 11:41:10 pm »
Thanks Lightspeed and Glad you're making progress with your Hal and your new SSD!!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -